Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp, Lemon, and Breadcrumbs

This is a simple dish that is probably a lot like some others I have showcased here... but that's ok... sometimes just the smallest change to a recipe can really make it a whole new dish.  Plus, I think you all know me pretty well by now.. you know I love pasta.. you know I love shrimp... so you know I loved this!

As always, if you don't like shrimp, substitute chicken.. or use a bunch of veggies instead.  You know what I always say.. this is just the canvas.. you can create the painting!!

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp, Lemon, and Breadcrumbs
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 slices rosemary olive oil bread (you can use any kind of bread)
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 lbs angel hair pasta
20 large shrimp (21/25), peeled, deviened, and cooked
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons basil olive oil (you can use extra virgin)
1 garlic clove, finely minced
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a food processor, pulse bread with 1 teaspoon olive oil until course crumbs form.  Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.  Bake until golden, tossing occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool just a bit.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and return to pot.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Add pasta water if needed to coat pasta more.  Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and serve immediately.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Fish Sandwiches with Jalapeno Slaw

7 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

Sounds yummy! Nice and light for a December meal when we all need it. I love that you made your breadcrumbs out of a flavored bread - and Rosemary Olive oil is my favorite.

Debbie said...

I can eat shrimp anytime and pasta too! Looks delicious....

Big Dude said...

I've become a big fan of lemonony sauces (Bev made one last night) and this one sounds delicious. I might slip a few capers in it.

Mary said...

Dang, girl. I miss a few posts and you have me drooling at 7am! Shrimp and pasta is my favorite pasta combination. This looks perfect.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

There's no way this can be anything but AWESOME! I've never done the breadcrumbs on pasta and must change that. Another winner Jenn!

Candace said...

What a light and delicious looking pasta! I am not a huge pasta fan unless it is topped with a light sauce like this. LOVE shrimp...love lemon...and I know the addition of breadcrumbs kick up the texture and flavor without weighing it down. I'm in!

Victor said...

I love the combination and texture in this dish. Definitely a dish that I want to serve.