Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Curried Tilapia

It might not look the greatest, but this dish was delicious!  It was flavorful and light all at the same time.  But, I guess when you use curry in a dish, you are bound to get a little flavor, right?  I used a store bought curry powder, but if you are feeling really adventurous, feel free to make your own blend.... oh, and don't forget to share that recipe with me when you are done :)

Curried Tilapia
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2-3 tilapia fillets
1 cup snow peas
1 carrot, peeled and cut into match-sticks
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, thinly sliced
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1-2 teaspoons curry powder (depending on taste)
1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
1/8 teaspoon Garam Masala
1 garlic clove, finely minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper.  In a non-stick deep skillet, sprayed with oil, add the fish and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or as soon as you get a nice browning on the fish.  Flip and add the snow peas and peppers.  Cook another 5-6 minutes, reducing heat of fish starts to brown too fast.  Meanwhile, mix together the remaining ingredients until well combined.  Pour over fish and allow to cook until the sauce is heated through.  Serve over rice.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Cheddar Horseradish Soup

7 comments:

rolexreplicawatches said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Big Dude said...

As I commeted to Lea Ann. With all of the dishes that get posted, I wish I were a bigger fan of curry.

StephenC said...

I always have curry powder in the pantry. So why do I not use it? No answer. I'm getting out right now and putting it on the counter where I can't ignore it.

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, I think it's gorgeous! Look at all those beautiful colors!!! And it's hard to go wrong with curry - I adore it ... :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Rarely is curry a pretty event, but it's always delicious :) Great flavors in this Jenn!

Bo said...

I love curry...never tried a fish curry though.

Candace said...

I've never considered using curry with fish. That looks fantastic!