Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lemon Parmesan Sauce

Before I get started on my post for this simple yet delicious sauce, I want to give a big Happy Birthday wish to my Dad.  Today is his birthday and I could not let the day go by without wishing him a happy happy birthday and to remind him of how much I love him!  Although I wish I could have spent time with him on his actual birthday, I did get to be with him over Christmas and we did get to celebrate his birthday with him a little early.  My dad was the first man I ever loved and he will always hold that place in my heart.  So, Dad..hope you have a fantastic day...Love and miss you more than you know!

Now, the sauce:  This is a simple and tasty sauce that can be used on fish or chicken.  You know me, I love my sauce and simple sauces are my favorite.  Most of my sauces are not healthy, as this is just mayo and parmesan cheese, but sometimes tasty is so much better then healthy!  The fish I served along side this was baked at 400 degrees for 14 minutes and seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, and some paprika.  As for the sauce... it was simple...it was yummy....that is all.

***Don't forget to check out my 1 year blogiversary giveaway where you can enter to win a $30 gift card to my favorite spice store, Penzey's.  You have until Thursday, January 6th to enter***

Lemon Parmesan Sauce
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
pepper (to taste)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.  Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.  Can be made 5 days in advance.  Serve with fish or chicken.

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I, for one, love simple and tasty. And it's not unhealthy, after all. A real mayo has just good ingredients. Besides, it's not like you drink the stuff by the glassful! So much better than store-bought sauces which are 99% poison.

And a happy birthday to your dad. :-)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh I bet this would be awesome thinned out a tad bit with some buttermilk and turned into a dressing for a salad. Nothing like a creamy mayo based dressing to take all the 'healthy' out of a salad LOL :) Happy birthday to your dad too!

Unknown said...

Lovely Lovely sauce, I would love to try it. Happy Bday to your father, h appy 2011 Jenn

StephenC said...

I'd probably make this with yogurt, just for dietary reasons, but I'd think that would be fine. So simple, so delicious appearing. Oh, and welcome home.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely simple sauce. I'm sending birthday wishes to your Dad. I hope he - and you - have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Rivki Locker said...

Sounds simple and tasty. What a great way to add 'fanciness' to a simple piece of fish.

Yenta Mary said...

Simple and flavorful is perfect! Make the healthy fish or chicken, then add some "oomph." And at the end of a long day, who wouldn't look forward to something easy but rewarding???

Chris said...

"I love my sauce and simple sauces are my favorite. Most of my sauces are not healthy,"

Which is exactly why I love your blog:) Happy Bday Dad!