Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shrimp in Love Pasta

I found this recipe many years back and I happened to stumble across it again just recently.  I thought I remembered it being pretty good, so I decided to give it another try.  Besides the fact that something went wrong and my pasta became way too dry - the flavor was still there.  Creamy and delicious but definitely not for anyone counting calories!  It's an indulgence I was willing to run an extra mile for :)

Shrimp in Love Pasta
Adapted from Kraftrecipes.com
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3/4 lbs angel hair pasta
24 large frozen shrimp, thawed and tails removed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
5 oz cream cheese
1 cup torn baby spinach

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium low heat.  Add shrimp, tomatoes, and cream cheese; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp are done and the mixture is well blended.

Drain pasta and place in large bowl.  Add spinach and mix lightly.  Stir in shrimp mixture.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Sweet Pepper Olive Puree Over Penne and Chicken

10 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Well I'm in love :) Shrimp & cream cheese pasta?? Let me put on my stretchy pants first before I tuck into a plate of this deliciousness! Sounds REALLY good Jenn!

Care's Kitchen said...

We had shrimp last night but your looks much better, I wasn't loving our meal! Love how your pasta looks all nice piled on the plate! YUM!

StephenC said...

What size shrimp do you use? Are they 21-25's or larger?

Unknown said...

Stephen, I use the large shrimp which is 21/25. But you could use any size you wanted to.

Pam said...

Mmm. It looks rich and decadent - yum!

Mary said...

I adore shrimp and pasta together. This looks great.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

As soon as my fridge works I'm going to buy some shrimp so I can make this.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Bo said...

Creamy and delicious was all I needed to hear.

Chris said...

The creamy pasta looks delicious, Jenn. I'm not one to count calories anyway.

Unknown said...

You had me at cream cheese and pasta. Good stuff, but my pictures were horrendous! Oh well, I linked back so they can look at your fabulous picture! Thanks!