Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grilled Honey Chipotle Lime Shrimp

 
Before I get to the recipe today, I really want to share one of the most amazing animal videos I have ever seen.  Now I can't figure out how to embed this video, so I apologize that you have to click on this link to see it - but, trust me, it's so worth it.  Take some time..when you are done here of course... and check this out.  I believe that you too will be utterly amazed!

Now...let's talk about food...

Do you know what I like about grilled shrimp?  I mean besides it being so simple and delicious...???  It's all because of how versatile it is.  Think about it.  Toss some shrimp in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Grill.  Now, put shrimp in a bowl and add some grilled veggies, toss with sauce...  Wait, what kind of sauce you ask?  Honestly, any kind of sauce would work and THAT is what I love.  You can create so many different flavors and so many different combinations.. the possibilities are endless!!  Throw it over some rice and you have the ultimate grilled "stir-fry".... at least, that's what I did here :)

Grilled Honey Chipotle Lime Shrimp
Adapted from Guy Fieri
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (homemade or store bought is fine)
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon chipotle puree (to make puree, put entire can of chipotle in adobo sauce in a food processor and pulse until smooth)
36 extra large shrimp (31/40 count), peeled and deveined
1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
wooden or metal skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes)

Directions:
Mix together the barbecue sauce, honey, lime juice, vegetable oil, and chipotle puree.  Place shrimp in shallow dish and pour 2 tablespoons of the sauce over them.  Toss to coat.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Preheat grill to 350 degrees.  Oil the grill grates.  Thread the shrimp and peppers on the skewers and place directly over the fire.  Grill the peppers until they start to soften, about 5-10 minutes.  Grill the shrimp 3-5 minutes per side or until they are cooked through and have turned pink.  Carefully remove from grill and even more carefully, remove shrimp and peppers from their skewers.  You can pour the sauce over the shrimp and peppers now, or allow each person to spoon on their own amount of sauce.  Serve over rice and Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Guest Blogger - Wine, Garlic & Herb Chicken and Veggie Kabobs

11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

oh seafood gal..this looks so delicious.

StephenC said...

The shrimp looks almost as good as the dog!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

That dog had some mad mad mad dancin' skillz. Seriously there were times when I forgot I was watching a dog!! Amazing!! Little Witch has informed me that we need to teach both Floyd and Nigel to dance like that :)

The shrimp - oh the shrimp!! This sauce really sounds amazing Jenn, perfect on shrimp. Must get more chipotles ASAP! I have everything else for this taste sensation :)

Victor said...

I love the color of your dishes. The flavors go so well together.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your shrimp really looks delicious. I love the flavors you've used here. I hope You'll have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Yenta Mary said...

I've got some shrimp just waiting for this dish ... :) Fabulous and gorgeous and tempting!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Jenn. The shrimps look so, so good. I thought it'll be a good idea to read your post after dinner, but it made no difference. I'm still hungry.

Pam said...

What's not to love about this? Lime is perfect for shrimp! Like your new avatar also!

Chris said...

So cool! That dog taught that guy to dance! ;)

Mary said...

This looks delicious. I love every ingredient in that list, so how could it not be a perfect meal?

Pam said...

That dog is amazing and so are these shrimp. They look perfectly cooked and so flavorful.