Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Jalapeno Hot Sauce

I could have made this post about the steak...but then I would have done a HUGE injustice to the blogging world.  Had I featured the steak instead of this sauce, I believe most of my followers would leave.....

So, it's about the sauce...but this shouldn't surprise you....

And this hot sauce is GOOD.  No, I mean really, really, REALLY GOOD.   Is there truly anything better then something so incredibly tasty taking less then 20 minutes to make?

Jalapeno Hot Sauce
Adapted from Bobby Flay
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 sweet onion, finely diced
5 jalapenos, stem removed and finely diced (for less heat, remove the seeds)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoons parsley leaves

Directions:
In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoons oil over medium heat.  Add the onion and jalapenos and cook until soft.  Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.  Add vinegar and water and bring to a simmer (reduce heat if necessary); cover and allow to slowly simmer for 10 minutes.  Transfer the mixture to a blender (please be careful!!!) and add the remaining oil, salt, honey, and parsley.  Blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.  Transfer to a container with a lid and refrigerate after using.  Will last 2 months in the fridge.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Mini Meatball Subs

8 comments:

Big Dude said...

Sounds like a must try to me and I have lots of jalapenos looking for a home.

StephenC said...

My heat week post this morning doesn't say so, but Peter asked me not to make his relleno too hot. So instead of a jalapeno, in his peppers I put one of those tiny baby zucchinis (blanched 3 minutes along with everything else.} He was happy with the result. The advance copy of my book could arrive today (fingers crossed). We are developing elaborate marketing plans.

Mary Bergfeld said...

20 minutes? You can count me in. This sounds absolutely delicious and I have the peppers at hand. Have a great day, Jenn. Blessings...Mary

Care's Kitchen said...

The whole plate is a thing of beauty! That corn too! YUM! Love the sauce!!!! YUM!

Care's Kitchen said...

Love your new pict too! XOXO

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh wow that look so good! Like green tobascco but not $5 for 1 tiny little ounce. I'm so making this!!!! You are so right, you NEEDED to share this sauce with the blogging community. And we thank you :)

Cranberry Morning said...

This is so timely! We are getting a good crop of jalapenos, and I can't wait to make this sauce. Kevin will love it!

Chris said...

I just scored a bunch of extra jalapenos from a coworker yesterday, this is perfect!