Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Creamy, Cooling Asian Sauce

 
This dish was only made so that I could try a new creamy and (oh, so) delicious sauce.

Is that wrong?

If so, I don't want to ever be right....

I just threw the marinade for the shrimp together at the last minute.  It was the sauce, the sauce I just couldn't wait to dive into.  I believe it would be wonderful with chicken too, so don't worry if you aren't into seafood, you can still enjoy this sauce.

Heck, you all know me well enough - you could eat this sauce by itself - I would NEVER judge! (although I might ask for a spoon!!)

Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Creamy, Cooling Asian Sauce
Sauce recipe adapted from Cooking.com
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3/4 lb large or extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon lime juice
salt and pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons hoisin
2 teaspoons Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon lime juice

Directions:
Place the shrimp in a large bowl.  Add the sriracha and lime juice, toss to combine.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, hoisin, sriracha, and lime juice until well blended.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil a grill tray (I used large shrimp and they were a bit too small for my skewers - if you don't have that problem, by all means, use skewers... just remember to soak them in water for 30 minutes if you are using wooded ones).  Place the shrimp on the grill tray and grill for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.  I turned mine at least once while on the tray.  Remove from grill.  Serve over rice with veggies and top with creamy, cooling Asian sauce.  Enjoy! 

One Year Ago:  The Real Chimichurri

14 comments:

Big Dude said...

Jenn - You sure have put out some fine meals lately - I especially like the steak with the two butters

We Are Not Martha said...

Mmm I love everything about this! I've been eating so much shrimp this summer and that sauce looks fabulous.

Sues

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Why didn't you invite me over for this one?? It looks yum. It sounds even better!! Sriracha lime shrimp w a creamy asian sauce, its pure brilliance :)

Yenta Mary said...

Let's see ... dipping sauce, spread the sauce on sandwiches, thin it out a bit for salad dressing, chip dip. Oh, the possibilities for something this fabulous are endless!

Care's Kitchen said...

I love any and everything with sriracha! This looks and sounds awesome!!!

Shu Han said...

never tried this kind of sauce before so i doubt it's really asian, but who cares, it sounds delicious and especially with those prawns, yum!

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oooooooooooooh!
:-))

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Yes, I too am one of those who can just lap up a good sauce on its own! But when I make this one I promise to save some to put on the chicken!

Angie's Recipes said...

Yummy! The sauce looks very inviting!
I noticed that you love Asian cuisines.

Unknown said...

There's nothing wrong with eating condiments by itself. I can eat sour cream like yoghurt. Is that wrong? The sauce does sound delicious Jenn.

debbie said...

I can practically taste those shrimp just by looking at that picture!!!

Mary said...

This sauce looks great. We love Sriracha too.

Chris said...

Sriracha x 2? Yes, that sounds delicious!

Cheeseboy said...

The sauce does sound creamy and oh so delicious. But so does the shrimp.