Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Fiery Sauce

I've done pork lettuce wraps and I've done shrimp lettuce wraps - now it's time for the chicken!  I really didn't do anything different this time except for changing the protein.. and of course... yep, you know it.. the sauce :)  And the sauce... I'm not ashamed to admit... is basically the same sauce I used on my Grilled Shrimp Po' Boy with rice vinegar added to it.  I loved the flavors in that remoulade and thought the addition of rice vinegar gave it that extra Asian flavor.

I love making lettuce wraps, sure they can be a bit messy from time to time, but they are light, simple, and absolutely delicious!!

Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Fiery Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon Hoisin
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
head of green leaf lettuce
1/2 English cucumber, sliced and cut into moon shapes
1 jalapeno, sliced
fresh mint leaves
2 cups cooked basmati rice
For the Fiery Sauce -
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoon chili paste
2 teaspoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar

Directions:
Rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel; place in resealable plastic bag.  In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and soy sauce until well combined.  Pour mixture over chicken, seal bag, and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

To make the sauce - mix together the mayo, chili paste, Sriracha, lemon juice, and rice vinegar until well combined.  Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil the grill grates.  Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and grill for 5-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.  Once cooled a bit, cut the chicken into strips.

To build the wrap:   Take a piece of lettuce, top with rice, cucumber slices, jalapeno slices, mint leaves, and chicken.  Top with fiery sauce.  Enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Chimichurri Chicken Pita Pizza

8 comments:

Care's Kitchen said...

Love lettuce wraps too! Just a nice (no carb) way to wrap up that protein! These look great Jenn - and that sauce!!!!!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Never thought to add rice to my lettuce wraps. What a good idea! the sauce sounded great when you made it for the po boy, it sounds even more delicious on a lettuce wrap :)

Anna's kitchen table said...

Ooh, yum, yum, yum!

Pam said...

I love lettuce wraps. The sauce sounds KILLER (like usual).

Des said...

I am generally not a huge lettuce wrap fan however, this seems like something right up my alley. I love the use of the sriracha and the chili paste in the fiery sauce. Sounds delicious!

Mary said...

These look wonderful and the sauce looks delicious!

Chris said...

Love that Fiery Sauce!

Candace said...

omg! I thought I was making the pork and green beans until I saw this. That sauce is brilliant!