Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grilled BCT Sandwiches

That's Bacon, Cheese and Tomato for those of you that are wondering :)  And it was damn (sorry for the language kids) good!

The only problem with this sandwich was that as I sat there consuming it, I thought of so many ways to make it better - like adding arugala or even lettuce - or adding a basil mayonnaise - or sliced cucumber.... mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Despite what I COULD have done, this was a simple little sandwich with a lot of fantastic flavor.  It just goes to prove, you can grill anything!!

Grilled BCT Sandwiches
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Makes 4 sandwiches -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 french baguette, cut into 4 equal loaves and split lengthwise
olive oil
1 clove of garlic, sliced in half
12 slices of bacon
sliced cheese (whatever kind you want and as much as you want)
1 tomato, sliced thin

Directions:
Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.  Cook bacon until crispy.  You can do this on the stove, on the grill (in a cast iron skillet), or in the oven.  Just make sure it gets cooked :)

Brush the cut sides of the baguette with olive oil.  Place the bread cut side down and grill for about 2-3 minutes or until toasted.  Rub each grilled side with the cut side of the garlic clove.  Place the bread back on the grill, grill side up, and top with cheese.  Close the lid and allow the cheese to melt.  Top one side of the loaf with a tomato, the other side with the bacon.  Remove from grill and place top and bottom half together.  Or, build it however you feel fit.  Just enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Greek Honey & Lemon Pork Chops

11 comments:

debbie said...

What a great idea and it looks delicious too!

We Are Not Martha said...

Why do I never add cheese to my BLTs?!?! I bet arugula added would have been awesome!

Sues

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I could eat one of these for breakfast right now. Looks divine!

care's kitchen said...

OK, STOP it with this! YUUUUMMMM!!!! I think everything should have cheese and bacon on it!

Pam said...

Bacon makes anything taste good! I want this for lunch.

Yenta Mary said...

O ... M ... G!!! Yeah, any or all of those additions would make a great sandwich; their absence, though, does not in ANY way detract from the fabulousness of this one! Sigh ....

Mini Baker said...

Just found your blog! you have some amazing recipes! This one in particular looks so scrumptious!! can't wait to browse around and bookmark :)
-mini baker

Unknown said...

There are many things to make this sandwich even more delicious, but to be honest, give me bread and bacon and I am all set! :)

Cheeseboy said...

Alright, I would eat it with or without the basil mayo, but probably with would be better. I love sandwich posts.

Bo said...

I haven't had a bacon sandwich in a while...I want one now!

Chris said...

Yeah, I could eat that two times a day! Great sandwich, Jenn!