Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thai Shrimp & Chicken Stir Fry with Tomatoes and Basil

 
I'm just gonna say it..... this was THE BEST stir fry that I have made!  I think I may have said that once before...but this one... this one has now surpassed that one, whichever one it was!  This stir fry was fresh, it was delicious, it was gorgeous to look at... what else can you really ask for in a dish??

I wish there was more of it right now...  I want to make this at least 3 times a week...  I think I had a dream about this last night...  Have I mentioned how good this stir fry was??

Thai Shrimp & Chicken Stir Fry with Tomatoes and Basil
Adapted from The Food Network
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon red chile flakes
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined if necessary
1 large or 2 small red bell peppers, diced
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 - 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves

Directions:
In a bowl or measuring cup, combine the soy, water, fish sauce, sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch; set aside.

Heat the oil in a wok or large, deep non-stick skillet over medium high heat.  Add the chicken and stir-fry until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.  Add the red pepper and jalapeno, stir fry another 2 minutes.  Add the shrimp and stir fry until pink, about 2 minutes.  Add the garlic, saute 1 minute.  Stir in the soy sauce mixture.  Bring to a boil and stir fry until the sauces glazes the shrimp, about 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes and stir to coat.  Remove the pan from the heat, tear basil by hand and stir to combine.  Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Provençal Chicken

12 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

That is GORGEOUS, and a perfect quick meal for a wretchedly hot summer evening! Truly, it looks like you had take-out ... it's absolutely stellar!

StephenC said...

Stir-fry, yum. Nicely turned out. You did this in the kitchen on the stove, right?

Unknown said...

lol.. yes Stephen, there were no grills involved in the making of this dish :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Beautiful! I love the colors in this dish Jenn! Being a big shrimp fan I'm dying to try it :) It looks so good, I'm drooling and now my breakfast of cheerios will seem subpar. Ok it is subpar but this stir fry really sets the bar high! Nice one!

Care's Kitchen said...

You're too funny! I can really good shrimp and with all the thai basil I have...I will 100% be making this dish! Thanks Jenn!!!!

Pam said...

Sold. It looks and sounds fantastic.

© said...

That is a GREAT photo! ;)

Mary said...

This looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Looks absolutely fantastic Jenn! Wonderful flavours all in one pan... Yum.

Bo said...

I could get into this...love all the flavors...and I just don't cook shrimp enough.

Chris said...

I've been enjoying wokking on the grill lately so I'll have to give this one a try soon.

Unknown said...

Winner, winner...chicken dinner! This was fantastic! I just had to take pics and share with my readers. Of course I linked back to you! Thanks so much for the recipe!