Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Grilled Steaks with Creamy Parmesan Sauce

 
Seriously...how can this be bad?  Look at it.. the creamy sauce....  it looks a bit like heaven, don't you think?

No?  Well, it's pretty darn close anyway!

Nice thing about this sauce, you can change it up by adding different cheeses... turn this into a creamy gorgonzola or goat cheese sauce.  Add some chopped up mushrooms or small shrimp.  Sop it up with warm bread........

I think you get the idea:  This is a simple and delicious recipe that can be a canvas (ha, haven't used that term in a while, have I?) for something even more amazing!

I just made the whole post about the sauce again, didn't I?  Oh, well....... :)

Grilled Steaks with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 steaks - whatever cut you want - I used sirloins
olive oil
garlic salt
pepper
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, finely minced
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1-2 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Rub both sides of the steaks with olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper.  Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Let steaks stand at room temperature while you wait.  Place the steaks on the grill and grill for 5-10 minutes per side depending on the doneness you prefer.  Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing into.

Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium low heat.  Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Stir in the cream cheese and cream or half & half.  Allow the cream cheese to melt, stirring constantly.  Add the parmesan cheese and simmer until all the cheese has melted.  Remove from heat, add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.  Server over steaks and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Guest Blogger - Posole

13 comments:

Big Dude said...

Jenn - You make lots of delicious looking sauces, aiolis, etc and I'd like to try them all, but this one will definitely be tried soon.

StephenC said...

If you keep making such beautiful hunks of beef I'm going to have to buy a grill. Or maybe I can just steal one - I mean everybody leaves them sitting out! And - a year ago I was the GUEST BLOGGER!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Ya know what? You should fill a pool with this sauce cause man I want to dive right in! YUM!! Parmesean cream sauce, I can think of no less than 1000 places where this would be rockin good. You are the sauce Queen, long live the queen!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Creamy Parmesean! That sounds great. So we're all sitting out here in blogland chanting, 'Long Live the Queen' with Andrea. lol

Anna's kitchen table said...

Jenn. The sauce queen.
You go girl.

Love, love, LOVE it!

Again.

Pam said...

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my keyboard. YUM!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Amazing! You make the most wonderful sauces. I envy the lucky folks who broke bread with you when this was served. I hope you have a great day.Blessings...Mary

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Sauce queen - I love it. AND your new profile pic! Where have I been? What month is it?? Who am I?

Anyway, of course we would have steak and sauce on the brain at the same time... I'm making Pioneer Woman's rib eyes with whiskey cream sauce tomorrow night! Have a great weekend lovely!

Mary said...

That sauce looks fantastic. I bet it really would be delicious with some fresh bread.

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

I really don't mind that you "made the whole post about the sauce again"! I have an aversion to a plain hunk of meat; I HAVE to sauce it. Guess I'M all about the sauce, too!

Angie's Recipes said...

I love your cheese sauce! So creamy and great!

Desi said...

Steak. And Sauce. My two favorite things (besides bacon!). Yes please!

Chris said...

Heavy cream and cheese? You have my heart!

I like your idea about gorgonzola because to me that is the absolute best cheese with grilled steak.