Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Creamy Goat Cheese and Mint Sauce

Alright, alright.. this really isn't a sauce..it's really just mayo and goat cheese and I say it's a sauce so that I don't feel so guilty about eating it.

So that's it... it's a goat cheese mayonnaise... so what?  Don't print this recipe, don't make this recipe, it's no matter to me... it actually just means more for me. (YES!!)

Because my theory is... if you're gonna splurge, why not splurge BIG??!!??!!

Creamy Goat Cheese and Mint Sauce
Adapted from Aaron McCargo Jr.
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons goat cheese, room temperature
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoons freshly chopped mint leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients until smooth.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Serve with fish, chicken, or pork.  You can even use it as a spread on your sandwiches.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Green Beans

10 comments:

StephenC said...

What a useful rcipe! You rock!

Cranberry Morning said...

I have got to try this. I would definitely not have thought of this myself, and it sounds intriguing!

Jewels said...

I love goat cheese! I can't wait to try this.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

The mint in this makes me go Hmmmm...that sounds good! I can see many applications for this :) Like on a spoon going into my mouth as I have an insatiable need for goat cheese :)

Pam said...

Could a mayonnaise sauce get any better?

Unknown said...

LOL, you made me giggle. I love anything goat cheese.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Looks like a sauce to me, Jenn! And a good one!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Yenta Mary said...

It's all in the semantics! As long as it tastes fabulous, it doesn't matter what you call it ... just eat it!

Cheeseboy said...

Uh, this might be the first recipe of yours that I probably wouldn't try. But I promise, I'll still be back for more.

tinyskillet said...

Yes! I've been searching for this. I glanced at the title and had to go back until I found it. I have some goat cheese leftover and want something different to use it in. I like these thrown together mayo? sauce? who cares as long as it tastes good! Thanks!