Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chorizo and Shrimp Naan Pizzas

I found some Naan flatbread at the store the other day and thought how wonderful it would be to use them as little pizza crusts.  It would be a simple way to throw together little personal pizzas on a busy week night.  There would be no kneading or stretching involved. (YAY!) Brush them with a little olive oil, throw them on the grill... top them... now you are ready to eat.  With the busy schedule I've had lately, this came in quite handy, let me tell you.  The naan I picked up was garlic flavor too, so there was no need to even season the "crusts".  Simple.

And if you don't like the toppings I used, not a problem, top these little babies however you want.  I promise to not be offended :)

Chorizo and Shrimp Naan Pizzas
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 Naan (mine were garlic flavored)
olive oil
1/2 lb ground chorizo, cooked
6 medium sized shrimp, cooked and roughly chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
4oz goat cheese (or more if desired)
1/2 - 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese

Directions:
Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.  Brush both sides of the naan with olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper if desired.  Place the naan over the fire and allow to grill about 3 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from grill.

Brush more olive oil on the grilled side of the naan.  Top with goat cheese (I spread a little and then dolloped a little), chorizo, shrimp, tomatoes, and then the monterey jack cheese.  Place back on the grill (make sure to cover the grill or the cheese won't melt... I helped mine along by putting an aluminum foil tent over the pizzas) and grill another 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bottom are golden brown.  Remove from grill and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Hot Honeyed Grilled Chicken

12 comments:

StephenC said...

This is certainly something I can do on the stovetop grill. We can get naan at Trader Joe's.

Kungfucaveman said...

I truly do love your blog. Personal pizzas = awesome!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Loves: naan, shrimp, goat cheese
Hates: nothing here!
Results: The Kitchen Witch shows up at Jenn's for dinner :)

I love using naan for pizza crust, it is delicious and easy and really, sometimes that's all that really matters :) Great idea, great pizza, total WIN!

Pam said...

Sounds pretty tasty to me! I love that chorizo and bet it's great with the shrimp taste!

Unknown said...

I will take these exactly as written, yummy.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks so cheesy and good! Love the combination of chorizo and shrimp in baked naans!

Big Dude said...

We like to use Naan for a pizza crust. Our son said the other day that they had Naan for about every meal in Afghanistan and it was unbelievably good.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I am all about chorizo right now. Oh and you know how I love shrimp...But naan? As pizza crust? Brilliant!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm being tempted beyond my limited powers of resistance. These sound amazing. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cranberry Morning said...

Right off the grill. Delicious! I'm making pizza for the Fourth. I'll have to keep the naan in mind!

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I want it, and I want it now!!! How perfect -- quick, simple, flavorful! Genius ... :)

Chris said...

To this day, I still think Naan sounds like a pet name for someone's grandmother.

"Na'an? Can I have some cookies?"

Great idea, Jenn. Easy and quick, perfect for a 30 minute meal during the week but it sacrifices nothing for tastes.