Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bobby Flay's Mesa Hot Sauce Marinated Chicken

Ok, let's talk about being easy.  Easy is throwing together 5 ingredients into a saucepan, letting it simmer, and then letting it cool.  Hmmmm.. yea, that's pretty easy!

Now, let's talk about flavorful.  No, not just any flavorful...flavor given only by a combination of vinegar and chipotles.  Oh, yes, a little tang and a little zing....it's a true flavor party!

If you enjoy vinegar based hot sauces, you will love this!  You can use it on anything really, I just figured why not use it as a marinade for some grilled chicken.... set aside a little for brushing on the chicken while it's on the grill and you've got yourself a piece of chicken full of... dare I say it... deliciousness :)  Oh...and one more note, the original recipe does not call for heating the sauce, I decided to do that to thicken it up - if you want to skip that part, go right ahead!  This recipe yields about a cup of sauce, you can easily cut it in half, but I used the left over sauce for basting while grilling, and for dipping :)

Bobby Flay's Mesa Hot Sauce Marinated Chicken
Hot sauce recipe created by Bobby Flay
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 cup red wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons chipotle puree (to make chipotle puree, place 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in a food processor and pulse until pureed)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 

Directions:
In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, chipotle, Dijon, honey, and salt over medium heat.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to simmer and allow the sauce to thicken just a bit; stirring occasionally, for about 5-10 minutes.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.  Reserve half of the cooled sauce.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag or a shallow dish and pour half of the sauce over the chicken.  Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil the grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and grill about 8-10 minutes per side or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F.  **Optional - baste the chicken, while it's grilling, with half of the reserved sauce.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting into it.  Serve with any remaining sauce and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Steak de Burgo

10 comments:

StephenC said...

Here's a sauce I could get behind. Must get chipotles (or make some again).

Yenta Mary said...

I either find you while I'm eating a breakfast that pales by comparison to what you've written about; or I find you now, just as breakfast is wearing off and I'm hungry ... and, as always, you torment me with delicious things!!!

Pam said...

Quick, easy, and flavorful - SOLD.

Cranberry Morning said...

Easy is the first flag that caught me. I love your recipes, Jenn, and this one sounds hot and delicious. I know my husband would love it too. And now that our grill isn't buried under feet of snow, we're good to go!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome sauce Jenn. How wonderful and looks like it's versatile too.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Dang that sauce sounds GOOD!!! Love the chipolte puree idea, I'll be trying this one for sure Jenn! And now that I have a working camera again (HOORAY!) I just may blog about it too :)

Big Dude said...

The sauce sounds like a killer - I like all things chipotle in adobo

Unknown said...

This is right up my alley, this particular sauce could knock my socks off.

Cheeseboy said...

Sounds really good. Nice job Bobby Flay. Who's Bobby Flay?

Chris said...

Bookmarked for sure! I like the heat from the puree and love the easy preparation. I can't wait to try this out.