Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Greek Aioli

Here's something interesting:  As much as I grill, I've only grilled a pork tenderloin twice in my life.  Strange, huh?  Well, I decided it was time to rectify that.  Especially, since this nice little hunk of meat was on sale for $3.  I never see pork tenderloin for that price...I felt like I was stealing :)

Ever since finding out Chris likes feta, I've been on this Mediterranean/Greek flavor kick, so I thought that I would incorporate those flavors into the pork.  It turned out perfectly.  The pork was tender and flavorful and the aioli... well, you know what I'm going to say... it was delicious!  A perfect compliment.

Now I brined the tenderloin and then let it marinate.  You can skip the brining process if you want, but I would not suggest it.  For over a year now, Stephen (The Obsessive Chef) has been preaching to me about the importance of brining.  Because of a bad experience with brining well over 6 years ago, I was hesitant to do it.  Once I put that bad experience aside and gave it another shot - I must admit - I am now on the brining bandwagon!  I never had a problem with my chicken or pork being over cooked, so the meat was always tender.  BUT, there is something magical that happens to meat when you brine it and it's well worth taking that extra time to get the best flavors and textures possible.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Greek Aioli
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 cups water
2 Tablespoons kosher salt
2 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/4 lbs pork tenderloin
6oz Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
For the aioli -
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning (if you do not have this, you can use a mixture of oregano, garlic, pepper, and marjoram)

Directions:
Mix together the water, salt, sugar, garlic, and pepper until the sugar has dissolved.  Put the tenderloin in a resealable bag or deep dish and pour the brining liquid over top of it.  Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Remove from the brining liquid and thoroughly rinse under cool water.  Pat dry and place in shallow dish.

In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and oregano until smooth.  Slather/pour the mixture all over the tenderloin, making sure to cover all sides.  Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.

Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the aioli until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat your grill to 350 degrees F.  Using tongs, dip a wad of paper towel in oil and rub on the grill grates.  Shake off as much of the yogurt mixture as you can from the pork and grill over direct heat for 18-20 minutes, turning 3 times, or when the pork reaches 140 degrees F.  Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.  Slice and serve with aioli.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Zesty Grilled Fish


10 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Tempting me again, when I am too far away to just ring your doorbell and invite myself over for dinner ... or, in this case, leftovers for breakfast! This looks so amazing! And the aioli, man, I could practically drink that ... :)

Arthur said...

Love the aioli on the side.

StephenC said...

It is patronizing of me to say I'm proud of you. But, I'm proud of you.

Cranberry Morning said...

If we get any rainless days this week, I think I'll try your recipe. That pork looks like it's done to perfection!

BTW, Be sure to stop in at Cranberry Morning today and enter my handcrafted soap GIVEAWAY!! :-)

Pam said...

Another amazing sauce... I love the flavors of Greece.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I too am on a Greek kick :) Can't get enough of it! First, congrats on brining again!!!!!!!!! I love that you flavored the brine and added a touch of sugar, tricks I do myself :) 2nd I love the marinade, yogurt is so good as a marinade and when it grills its divine! Yum!! Now I hope I can find a steal of a deal like you did :)

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Mmmm, greek aioli. That sounds so good I think I might put it on ice cream.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Big Dude said...

Looks great Jenn and I'm for brining as well. I wish you were here cooking all those Med dishes for me.

Desi said...

Jenn this looks so tasty. I love pork tenderloin... it is so, well, tender lol! And you know I love sauce so I'm eyeing that Greek aioli. And I have never brined my meats before, I'm thinking I need to give it a shot. :)

Chris said...

Oh Jenn that pork looks flawless! Very creative recipe you came up with, nice job!