Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Parmesan Thyme Sauce

This recipe was actually supposed to be for a vinaigrette....  but there I was, making it, and I noticed, hhhhmmmmm.... adding a little less olive oil will make this more of a sauce then a vinaigrette.  And we all know I'm going to stop right there... right at the sauce.  The most important part of some meals.  The most important part of this meal.  Sure, I could have made this post about the grilled fish, but who cares about simple grilled fish.. the sauce is the true star. But you probably expected that, since you are here, and I, as most of you know, am the self proclaimed sauce queen.

The original vinaigrette recipe can be found on Angie's Recipes.  If you have not visited her site, it's a must.  The pictures are beautiful and her recipes are fun and unique.  Thanks, Angie, for all the yummy recipe ideas!

Parmesan Thyme Sauce
Adapted from Angie's Recipe
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well combined.  Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.  The longer it sits the more it breaks apart, you'll need to whisk it again before serving (you can see from the pictures the oil is starting to break away from everything else).  Serve with fish or chicken.  Add more olive oil and use as a vinaigrette on salads and green beans.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Marinated Chuck Tender Steaks with Bar Americain Sauce

5 comments:

StephenC said...

I would go to the kitchen and make this right now, but my Greek yogurt is vanilla flavored. It was a mistake to buy it, but I was in a hurry.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your sauce sounds fabulous. We have to give more public recognition to your prowess with a whisk. Have a great day, Jenn. Blessings...Mary

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You are my sauce guru...

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Debbie said...

Love that this is made with Greek Yogurt. This sounds delicious. I can finally comment on your site again but can't sign in with Google/have to use the URL option. Who knows what's going on with this.....

Chris said...

I was going to read this earlier but I was in a hurry and didn't have the thyme. (did someone just groan?)

Yummy looking sauce, I love it.