Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cucumber, Tomato, and Feta Salad

 
This was a little salad that I have been wanting to try for a while now and I finally found the perfect meal to include it with.  I served this salad with the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Greek Aioli and we devoured it.  It was the perfect light and flavorful side dish to accompany the Greek flavors of the pork and the aioli.

Ok, let's be honest...this salad would be the perfect accompaniment to any summer dish.

Cucumber, Tomato, and Feta Salad
Adapted from Epicurious.com
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons basil olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon pomegranate balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
1 English cucumber, slice and cut into moon shapes
5 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped mint leaves
1/3 -1/2 cup feta cheese

Directions:
Whisk together the oil and vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper.

Place the cucumber, tomato, and olives in a medium bowl.  Pour the oil mixture over and toss to coat.  Add the mint and feta and toss one more time.  Serve cold or at room temperature.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Super Fudgy Brownies

12 comments:

StephenC said...

Nice work. I like everything about this salad.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Summer on a plate! I love the colors, the flavors and the ease of this salad. And I really love that I have everything I need for it here :)

Pam said...

Jenn, that's a great combo of ingredients for a salad! Love the Kalamata olives with feta and will add this to my must try list.

Raquel@Erecipe Free Nutritional Calculator said...

I love salad and I like the idea of the combination, I also love kalamata olives because it has a distinctive taste.

Cranberry Morning said...

When I read the title of today's post on my Blogger dashboard, I could almost catch a whiff of that luscious cucumber when you cut it open! That would make the perfect lunch! Kalamata olives and Feta should be staples in every kitchen. lol

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love everything you've put in this salad, Jenn.It really sounds delicious and it is perfect for a summer's day. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Angie's Recipes said...

This salad just screams SUMMER to me!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Wow, Jenn, what a great looking salad! I love the flavors that you used and the simplicity of this. Especially with veggies, the fewer extra ingredients the better, because it lets the vegetables' natural flavor really shine! Great recipe. :)

Pam said...

This salad has some of my very favorite ingredients in it... yum!

Anna's kitchen table said...

That looks so good!
I think I'd have it on it's ownsome! :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the greek flavors! i just cant get enough of these delicious and light summer dishes! cant wait to try this! :)

Tessa said...

This sounds awesome. We are getting a bumper crop of cucumbers from our garden right now, and this may end up on the table tonight. Yum!