Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Yogurt Dijon Marinated Chicken

I totally stole this idea from Chris at Nibble Me This (Sorry, Chris!!).  He commented on one of my posts the other day that one of my recipes gave him an idea for a yogurt/mustard marinade for chicken.  When I read that, I was like... OH YEAH, that's a fantastic idea!  Now, the sad thing is, I'm 100% certain that Chris would make an even meaner, tastier marinade...but I'm pretty happy with mine.  It is simple, it is flavorful, and it is oh, so moist!  Could it have been even better?  Maybe?  Maybe not?

I'll let you decide....

Yogurt Dijon Marinated Chicken
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe
Ingredients:
5oz plain Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons hot sauce
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Mix together all the ingredients except the chicken.  Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.  Place chicken in a shallow dish or resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.  Cover/seal and place in refrigerator for 4-8 hours (I had mine marinating all day when I was at work).

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag or dish and discard marinade.  Place chicken directly over the fire and grill for 6-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from gill and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Kung Pao Beef
Two Years Ago:  Coleslaw


11 comments:

Big Dude said...

You and Chris bouncing ideas off one another will kick grilling up several notches and we all get to benefit from it.

Cranberry Morning said...

And once again, I have all the ingredients for this! And now I'm sitting here, wondering if I ever have an original idea for dinner, or if all of them come from my blogging buddies!!♥

Mary said...

This sounds awesome, Jenn and I agree with Larry 100%!

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks totally delicious!

StephenC said...

Okay, this has to go into the sauce book.

Debra Hawkins said...

Looks amazing! I love using Greek yogurt!

Pam said...

Chris is always coming up with awesome marinades and so are you! I think this chicken looks and sounds amazing.

Yenta Mary said...

I love mustard, and the tanginess of yogurt must have complemented it - and the chicken - perfectly! Inspired on both your parts ... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yum - love this marinade - I get the chicken is succulent with this. 112 degrees!!! you poor thing! I would have wilted :(
Mary x

Lynda said...

This really is a great idea, and it looks fantastic. Love those grill marks!

Chris said...

Nah, I think yours sounds pretty great as is!