Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Rib-Eye Steak with Herb Butter and Charred Peppers

You know those days when you just don't know what to make for dinner?  You know, those days where you are searching on the internet, through cookbooks, through magazines, thinking about what to make, but nothing quite hits the spot?  When all of a sudden you stumble upon "THE" recipe you know you want to try?  I love those days!!  This meal came out of one of those days.

We haven't had steak in a while, so I decided to splurge a little.  I picked up two beautiful rib eye steaks and what's even better - they were on sale!  It was like this meal was meant to be. You don't need an expensive cut of beef for this recipe though - oh no - you can use any cut of beef you may get your hands on.  The rub/marinade and herb butter are what really make this meal.  Mmmmmmm..... I wish I had more.......

Rib-Eye Steak with Herb Butter and Charred Peppers
Adapted from The Food Network magazine
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 rib eye steaks (ours totaled 1.5lbs)
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the herb butter -
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the peppers -
12 mini sweet peppers
1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Mix together the balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, rosemary and red pepper flakes until well combined.  Pour/rub over both sides of each steak.  Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.  Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before you are ready to grill.

Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the butter until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees F, then prepare for indirect heat - For gas grills, turn off the burners on one side.  For charcoal, push the coals to one side.  Brush the steaks with a little olive oil and then place on the cooler side of the grill (indirect heat).  Cover and cook, turning once, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak registers 110 to 120 degrees F, about 20 minutes.  Move the steak to the hotter side of the grill (direct heat) and cook until the thermometer registers 125 degrees F, 2 to 3 minutes per side.  Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes, topping with the butter in last minute or two.

Meanwhile, grill the peppers over direct heat.  Mix together the lemon juice and salt.  Brush the peppers with the mixture as you rotate, until they are charred, about 5 to 8 minutes.  Top the steak with more herb butter and serve with peppers.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Bite You Back Pasta
Two Years Ago:  Chipotle Fish Packets

9 comments:

StephenC said...

Ummm, rib eye may be my favorite steak - or is it filet mignon, or NY strip, or porterhouse? Oh, I don't know, just grill me a steak!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

That does look fantastic, and I'd like it for dinner tonight! Looking through the ingredient list, I have everything I need - except for the steak. And actually, I may have that too. Need to check the freezer inventory.

Lea Ann (Cooking on the Ranch) said...

Don't you love it when you get to the market and your dinner is on sale?!?! And yes, I do that a lot, Spend time finding just the right meal. This looks wonderful Jenn.

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Rib-eye is my all-time favorite steak. And this herb butter and charred peppers would be great with it. Maybe next weekend ...

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, man, that looks so good! And I haven't had steak in ages, so I'm happy to take your advice and splurge ... :)

Big Dude said...

I like everything about this meal, but the grilled peppers really caught my eye.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Bingo! Every man on the internet is singing your praises :-). This sounds wonderful and begs to be tried. Have a great weekend, Jenn. Blessings...Mary

Anonymous said...

STUNNING - I want to come to dinner :)
Mary x

Chris said...

Do you know that except for flank steak, I don't think I have ever marinated a steak? I will have to try it sometime. I like the grilled peppers too, perfect combo.