Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pork Back Ribs

Chris tells me each rib recipe I make, gets better - this one being the best so far.  He is so wonderful for my cooking ego, let me tell you :) In this instance, though, I have to agree with him.  These are definitely the best ribs I have made in a very long time.  The meat came off the bone perfectly and the flavors were spot on.  What more can you ask for in a good rib?

These are some of my all time favorite flavors blended together to make a deliciously different tasting rib.  If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pork Back Ribs
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 lbs pork back ribs
garlic salt
pepper
3 Tablespoon sweet chili sauce, divided
2 Tablespoon Sriracha, divided
1 Tablespoon mirin
1/4 cup beer
1 Tablespoon honey

Directions:
Season both sides of the ribs with garlic salt and pepper.  Place in shallow dish or resealable plastic bag.  Mix together 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, 1 tablespoon Sriracha and mirin until well combined.   Pour over ribs and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.

Preheat grill to 300-315 degrees F.  Remove ribs from bag and place on large squares of aluminum foil.  Mix together the beer and honey and pour over the ribs.  Pull the opposite sides of the foil together and seal, forming a packet - leave a little room for steam.  Grill for 1 hour on indirect heat.

After an hour, carefully remove the packet from the grill.  Mix together the remaining 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce and 1 tablespoon Sriracha.  Place the ribs directly over the fire and grill for another 20-30 minutes, basting occasionally with the sauce mixture.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into them.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Steak Fajita "Stir-Fry"
Two Years Ago:  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

16 comments:

StephenC said...

Beautiful ribs. Is there a way we can mend the fence?

Anna's kitchen table said...

Ah, Jenn, I am drooling here....how can you keep doing this to me?!

Alex said...

I've never tried making ribs before, but these look so yummy I think I'll have to give it a go!!

Yenta Mary said...

Those ribs are perfection! You need to go form a team and compete at Memphis in May - I'd join your team in an instant, even if my best use would be schmoozing with guests and judges while you worked your magic at the grill ... :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Those look amazing, and I can almost smell them from here. But mirin?? Never heard of it. Is there no end to the things I learn from your blog, Jenn! :-)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yeah buddy those sound great!! Sweet chili sauce, YUM. Mirin, YUM! Yeah it's got everything delicious that I want in it :) Great job!

Debra Hawkins said...

My husband isn't a rib lover, but I think I can talk him into these. These look amazing!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Jenn, they look perfectly cooked and they sound delicious. I love the Asian heat you use in your recipe. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

These MUST be your best yet - don't even try to top them! They look perfect and sound like the perfect combination of flavors.

Pam said...

Awesome flavor combination Jenn. The ribs look amazing.

Lea Ann said...

I have not made ribs yet this season. These look wonderful Jenn, love the ingredients for that glaze.

Angie's Recipes said...

Cool! The meat completely off the bone..That takes experience.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe! I'm drooling - I need to get my head around ribs!
Mary x

Candace said...

oh my! These look amazing! I love the flavors you have used here.

Chris said...

Nice ribs, Jenn! There's a nice caramelization on them.

Whitney said...

Delicious, Jen! Love the Asian influences.