Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Grilled Chicken with Pesto Yogurt Sauce

After making Mary's AMAZINGLY Delicious pasta recipe, I had a bit of pesto left over... And, what better way to use it than with another sauce creation!  And what's better than a sauce creation?  You guessed it:  A SIMPLE sauce creation!!  This is quick and every so easy and it will go with just about anything!

Grilled Chicken with Pesto Yogurt Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon prepared pesto
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
For the sauce -
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
1-2 Tablespoons prepared pesto (depending on taste)

Directions:
Place the chicken in a resealable bag.  In a small bowl, mix together pesto (1 tablespoon), lemon juice and olive oil.  Pour mixture over chicken, seal bag, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, mayo, and pesto until well combined.  Season with salt and pepper if needed.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place chicken over the fire and grill for 6-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.  Serve with sauce.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Beef Tostadas
Two Years Ago:  Asian Inspired Pork Chops

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my! I have all the ingredients required. :-)

Sounds delicious. My basil plant wintered over in the house, and now that it's outdoors it is so much happier!

Debra Hawkins said...

Oooo! I think I have everything I need for this laying around! Quite excited that it is on the grill!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jenn, I might stir up some pesto just to be able to make this simple sauce with the leftovers! Love your simple sauces!

Yenta Mary said...

I love your sauces! They can make the simplest dish so much more glamorous and sophisticated ... and delicious ... :)

Chris said...

I think adding leftover pesto, salsa, or chimichurri to another base really rocks out the sauces, don't you?

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your chicken sounds scrumptious. I've bookmarked it to try when I get some extra time. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

Mary said...

This sounds great, Jenn! I giggled when I saw your plate though. Is your food actually touching?! Or was this Chris' plate?? Hope your weekend was wonderful!

Pam said...

Another amazing sauce - you really need to write a sauce cookbook woman!