Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wasabi-Yogurt Marinated Chicken

Ok, ok, so I'm not quite over my wasabi kick yet!  I've been trying to think of more and more ways to use this amazingly spicy little condiment... and, after making the Yogurt Dijon Marinated Chicken a few weeks ago, I thought... wait a minute... yogurt makes chicken nice and moist.... wasabi makes it nice and flavorful.... let's try this.......

And Wasabi-Yogurt Marinated Chicken was born!

Wasabi-Yogurt Marinated Chicken
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 - 5.3oz container plain Greek yogurt
2 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, wasabi and soy sauce until well combined.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag or shallow dish and spoon the yogurt mixture over top.  Cover/seal and place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag/dish and shake off any excess marinade.  Place the chicken over the fire and grill 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.  I served this with a sauce made up of wasabi and soy sauce - but it doesn't need a thing!  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Simple Fudge Ripple Ice Cream
Two Years Ago:  Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

11 comments:

StephenC said...

I have a new name for you: Wasabi Wan Kenobe.

Unknown said...

oh I LOVE wasabi... the stronger the better!... I love the way it rips your nose off!... what a great idea to do it like this with chicken... do you make sushi? Its so easy and I love it with wasabi!

Yenta Mary said...

Oooh, that must have such a nice zest to it!

Pam said...

All I can say is, you amaze me! Love your sauces and wasabi rocks! I have to try this! By the way, are you writing a sauce cookbook? If not, you need to, girl!

tinyskillet said...

This sounds so good, I am lovin' the flavors here!

Cranberry Morning said...

So how would you rate it compared to your others? Did you like it better? I'm not sure I want a sauce that will rip my nose off. lol But it does sound interesting!

Pam said...

I love all of these wasabi recipes! This chicken looks juicy and delicious.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love these wasabi recipes you have been sharing with us. I like heat and these recipes are right up my alley. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Lea Ann (Cooking on the Ranch) said...

Great sounding recipe Jenn. I'm so glad I started following your blog. So many good sauce recipes here. Love it.

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

I really like the idea of adding wasabi to the yogurt marinade.

Anonymous said...

Great combination of flavors - I bet this tastes fantastic :)
Mary x