Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Green Sauce

Although my sauce doesn't really look all that green - this was a huge hit at our table!  I WILL make this again for sure.  Talk about a sauce with a kick... wow!  I found this scrumptious little sauce over at One Perfect Bite.  It was AMAZING!!  I'm going to give you a bit of warning... be careful - remember that Serranos can be hot, hot, hot... as I've said many times, you can always add more, you can never take away.  The first time I made this sauce I used the exact ingredients and I don't know if Mary can handle hot better than I can, or if I just had a really hot batch of Serrano peppers - either way, it was HOT!  Ok, not so bad you couldn't eat it, but hot enough where it lingered on your tongue and lips.  No matter, this sauce is delectable and I just made sure to change up things a little the second time around - and this is what worked out perfectly for me.

Oh, and thanks for the great sauce recipe, Mary!  As most of you know, I'm always on the hunt for the next best sauce!

Green Sauce
Adapted from Mary at One Perfect Bite
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 scallion, trimmed and halved
4 Serrano chiles, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, quartered
3 Tablespoons goat cheese
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 Tablespoons half and half

Directions:
In a food processor or blender, add the scallion, serrano chiles and garlic clove, pulse until finely chopped.  Add the goat cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.  Pulse until smooth.  Add half and half and pulse until smooth and creamy.  Pour into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Can be used with just about anything.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Chorizo and Shrimp Naan Pizza
Two Years Ago:  Hot Honeyed Grilled Chicken

6 comments:

StephenC said...

I'm bookmarking this one.

Yenta Mary said...

Oooh, if you're saying it's hot then it's HOT! But that's not a bad thing - liven up dinner a bit ... :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Thanks so much for the shout out. It's appreciated. I'm so glad you enjoyed the sauce. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

This green sauce looks fantastic!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Looks tasty, Jenn, but I'm going to cut back a bit on the serranos! A little heat is plenty for me. Love these sauces!

Chris said...

4 serranos in this little bit of sauce? Yeeeeouch! Yeah, that is spicy.