Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Lemon, Rosemary, and Balsamic Grilled Chicken

There really is not much to say about this chicken that it doesn't already say for itself.  I mean rosemary....balsamic....lemon... yea, you know it's gonna be good.  And I, or course, grilled it, so it tasted even more yummy with that nice outdoor cooked flavor!  MMMMMMM.. it was almost like it was summer time all over again.......

The original recipe for this came from Emeril, but I snagged it off of Tracey's Culinary Adventures.  Tracey posts a lot more yummy dessert type posts, but when she does post something savory, I always know I want to try it!  Like I said, this is a simple and yet very flavorful marinade for the chicken.  And of course, if you aren't in the mood to grill, you can bake this at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  If you can get out there and grill, though, DO IT!!

Lemon, Rosemary, and Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2-3 Tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper

Directions:  
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the chicken and salt and pepper.  Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.  Season with salt and pepper.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.  Seal the bag and place in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.

Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.  Brush the grill grates with olive oil.  Place the chicken directly over the fire (discard the marinade) and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  Remove and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes.  Enjoy!

12 comments:

Big Dude said...

You've posted many tasty sounding chicken recipes lately. We get stuck in a rut, so it's really nice to have all of these varieties to pick from.

Unknown said...

Another recipe I love! I'm a HUGE rosemary fan as we have a nice plant outside that provides plenty all year long :)

Cranberry Morning said...

This is now on my menu for Christmas week. I love all those ingredients! I just noticed last night that I was out of chicken, so I may brave the weather and go to the grocery store today. I have a lot of chicken recipes I'll be using during Christmas time.

SnoWhite said...

That sounds awesome, Jenn!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Looks delicious! Love rosemary and balsamic, you know this one's gonna be good!!

StephenC said...

I've got to get over the phobia I've developed regarding balsamic vinegar. Don't know what it's about, but this recipe could just cure me.

Pam said...

Simple and delicious - my kind of recipe!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the color of your chicken. It looks delicious and anything that looks that good must be tasty. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

And you could do so many great things with any leftovers. This would be great sliced and used in chicken alfredo.

angicoock said...

Simple and delicious

Rivki Locker said...

I make a similar recipe and it's one of our favorites! It's also nice with sage or lemongrass instead of the rosemary. If I buy a big batch of chicken, or have a lot of herbs, I find this freezes really well. I put the chicken in the marinade, and freeze it raw. Then I defrost it for about 24 hours in the fridge. The flavor really has a chance to sink in and get very intense. Yum.

Unknown said...

Rivki - That is a great technique for marinading that I, for some reason, rarely do. Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to try it with the sage and lemongrass next time, sounds wonderful!