Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vietnamese Spiced Pork Chops with Sweet Chili Sauce

I decided to make this the other night because, honestly, I really wanted another excuse to use the sweet chili sauce Andrea (The Kitchen Witch) came up with.  Don't get me wrong, the pork was really good and would have been just wonderful without the sauce.  But, as you know by now, I believe sauce makes all things better.

Vietnamese Spiced Pork Chops with Sweet Chili Sauce
Adapted from Cooking Light
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 boneless pork loin chops
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of garlic powder
Sweet Chili Sauce (however much your little heart fancies)

Directions:
Place the pork in a shallow dish.  Mix together the water, salt, sugar, and pepper until the salt and sugar are dissolved.  Pour over pork and cover.  Let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Remove the pork from the brine and rinse thoroughly under cool water.  Pat dry with paper towel.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, coriander, ginger, and garlic powder until well combined.  Sprinkle/rub over both sides of each pork chop.  Place on a clean plate and cover.  Let sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees.  Oil the grill grates.  Place the pork directly over the fire and grill 4-5 minutes per side or until the pork reaches 145 degrees F.  Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 4 minutes before cutting into.  Serve with sweet chili sauce.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Chicken over Penne

9 comments:

StephenC said...

You got wonderful color on these. Also looks like they are not too thin.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

You brined again!!! Hooray! This sounds delightful Jenn! I love the spices on the chop. They'd play nicely with the chili sauce :)

Cranberry Morning said...

I just wish you could pack up that entire plate and send it to me. It looks wonderful!

Pam said...

You always make the best meals...yum!

Mary said...

I'm learning, my friend. Sauces really do make everything better! I think I'm missing out on that chili sauce. I need to try it!

Yenta Mary said...

Once again, I'm drooling without even being able to smell or taste it! It looks amazing, and I'm just being tortured as I sit here longing to have this for dinner ....

Candace said...

I'm with you....Everything is better with sauce! I don't know how I've missed popping over to visit you before. We have mutual friends and I see you at Mary's place quite often. It definitely won't happen again as I'm following along with you now. Your pork chops look fantastic. I'm pinning them to try with some grilled green beans. Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

You are the pork chop queen! And the sauce queen. The saucy pork chop queen!

melanie said...

This will be dinner tonight.