Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Seasoned Grilled Tilapia

My apologies for the picture - it's not the prettiest picture I have ever posted, that's for sure!!  But don't worry, although the fish might not look that pretty, it was flavorful and delicious.  I grilled these tilapia fillets in foil, but you can bake them, or heck, you can even fry them up in a pan :)  whichever way you choose, it's a simple and healthy idea for a busy week night.

Seasoned Grilled Tilapia
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
dash of garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper
4 Tilapia fillets

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the tilapia.

Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.  Tear 4 squares of aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Place one fillet in the middle of each square.  Sprinkle the season mixture evenly over each piece of fish.  Close the sides of the foil, sealing the fish in.  Place the foil packets on the grill and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, rotating the packets halfway through grilling.  Carefully remove from grill and foil packet.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Smoked Whole Chicken

8 comments:

Candace said...

Your fish looks simple, healthy and delicious! I've got to try this before grill season is over. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Have a great Tuesday, Candace

StephenC said...

Sounds nicely spiced.

Care's Kitchen said...

ok, I'm back! You know Tilapia is one of those fish that need a lot of flavor and you have accomplished that here! Delicious!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Wonderful recipe, Jenn. I love all those herbs and spices!! (and happen to have them all on hand) I always appreciate these headache-free recipes! I saved your recipe under 'Miscellaneous,' for I plan to use this on chicken and fish.

Unknown said...

No need to apologise Jenn. I think it looks delicious and so flavourful with all the spices.

Mary said...

I like that spice combination. I typically just broil fish, because it is easiest for me, but I might try the foil packets next time.

Chris said...

That's a nice cajun-y rub!

xl pharmacy said...

There are people that they don't like Tilapia because they say that you washed many times and it tastes like dirt.