Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hoisin Pork Stir Fry

Well, there was a split decision on this meal:  I loved it... Chris not so much.  Chris said it was due to the texture of the pork I used, but I thought the fact that I used tenderloin made it so incredibly tender.  The flavor he liked, so I guess that we did agree on that part at least :)

Don't let Chris' opinion stop you though (sorry baby!!), I think it was a fantastic stir fry and perfect for a quick week night meal!

Hoisin Pork Stir Fry
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons hoisin
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Sriracha
drop of sesame oil
1 garlic clover, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut into bite size chunks or strips
1-2 cups snow peas
1 red bell pepper, chopped or cut into strips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

Directions:
In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the first 9 ingredients (everything except the pork, snow peas, pepper and oil) until well combined.  Set aside.

In a wok or large, deep non-stick skillet, add the oil over medium high heat.  Add the pork and stir fry for 4-5 minutes or just before the pork is fully cooked.  Add the snow peas and bell pepper and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are just starting to soften.  Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil.  Stir to combine everything, remove from heat as soon as the sauce starts to thicken.  Serve over rice.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Tilapia with Lemon Vinaigrette

13 comments:

Big Dude said...

It looks really good Jenn and I'm sure the tender would work for me.

debbie said...

It looks pretty good to me!!!

StephenC said...

What's not to like?

Candace said...

It certainly looks delicious, Jenn! Count me in!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Looks tasty! Nice & tender and flavorful. I haven't made stir fry in a while. Heck I even have a brand new bottle of hosin sauce to work with, too!! Might have to break it in with this recipe :)

Pam said...

I've been craving a stir fry lately - this may be the one! It looks tasty Jenn.

Unknown said...

I agree with Stephen. What's not to like? Love hoisin sauce and I especially love pork... :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Love hoisin flavour and the stir-fy looks so tasty with sugar beans.

Yenta Mary said...

It looks fabulous, and it's even got vegetables! Perfect fast dinner ... :)

Mary said...

Your timing is great. I bought some hoisin sauce ages ago and then completely forgot why! YAY for a new recipe to use it. Thanks, girl.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Sorry Chris but I have to agree with Jenn on this one! I already KNOW it's fantastic. I have vowed to make more stir frys. Bought a wok and everything. Just to spite your Chris - I'll make this first! ;)

Anna's kitchen table said...

Jenn, it looks great! And as Mary says- a good use for Hoisin!

Chris said...

I have noticed that strips of pork tenderloin can be a little rubbery under high heat cooking in a wok. Not all the time, but sometimes. I found that if I hit them a little bit with a meat mallet first it keeps them tender.