Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grilled Steaks with Red Pepper and Feta Salsa

Take a simple marinated grilled steak and top it with a flavorful salsa and what do you get?  Well, you get grilled steaks with red pepper and feta salsa!

The saltiness of the feta matched very well with the slightly grilled, slightly charred red peppers.  And let's not forget the every so slight kick that the habanero gives it!  That's right.. a little spice is nice, my friends, don't be scared.  And, if you actually are worried, use only half of the habanero instead of the whole thing, but please use it.  The tiny bit of sweetness that the habenro brings, along with it's spice, is just fantastic!

The salsa makes an already delicious steak, that much better!

Grilled Steaks with Red Pepper and Feta Salsa
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 sirloin steaks (or any cut you prefer)
1/4 cup beer
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon honey
salt and pepper
For the salsa -
1 red pepper
1 habanero pepper, finely minced
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1-2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
pepper to taste

Directions:
In a bowl mix together the beer, Worcestershire, olive oil, and honey until well combined.  Season with a little salt and pepper.  Place steaks in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag.  Pour the marinade over and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.  Oil the grill grates and place steaks directly over the fire.  Grill both sides until desired doneness.  (I like mine more on the medium rare side and it takes about 3-5 minutes per side.  Chris likes his more on the done side so his usually stays on about 8-10 minutes per side.  This all depending on the thickness of the steak, of course.)  Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.

Meanwhile, place the pepper on the grill and allow to grill for 5 minutes.  Remove from grill, remove the stem and seeds, and roughly chop.  Toss in a bowl with habanero, garlic, parsley, and feta.  Season with pepper to taste.  Serve with steaks and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Homemade Potato Chips

9 comments:

Big Dude said...

Nice looking dish Jenn and that's a salsa I could definitely enjoy.

StephenC said...

The salsa sounds fab. Did you sneak a little pink into Chris' steak? I'll write you later about an encounter Peter and I had with habanero pepppers.

Cranberry Morning said...

My blogging buddies are giving me such great recipes today!! That Feta salsa looks fantastic, Jenn. Thanks. :-)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Looks great Jenn!! And you won't believe this BUT feta salsa has been on my 'blogging list' for a while now!!! You beat me to it! It looks great, perfect pair with the steaks. YUM!

Pam said...

Mmmmmm. This is my kind of meal! I bet the salsa added such a great flavor to the steak.

Mary said...

I can't recall ever serving salsa with steak. The combination sounds great.

Candace said...

I love to top my steaks with peppers and cheese; but, I've never thought of using feta before. This sounds fantastic. I love the spicy kick from the pretty little habanero too. Yum!

~~louise~~ said...

Sounds delicious Jenn, thanks for sharing...

You have some mighty tasty looking blogs:)

Chris said...

You are one of the few people I know who identify the fruity or sweet aspect of habanero, most only recognize the heat. That is why I like them so much, great complex flavor. I love this salsa, it is nicely composed.

And Chris likes his steak more than medium? Well I guess I won't hold that against him, ha ha.