Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Spur of the Moment Pasta

Sometimes I get busy with work and with life and the next thing I know it's already 7:30pm and I haven't even thought about starting dinner.  Sometimes, when that happens, I don't feel like going through the motions and making what I had planned to make.  Take this night for instance... I just didn't want to spend more than 10 minutes putting everything together for dinner.  It was late, I was tired, but boy was I hungry.  So, Spur of the Moment Pasta was born.  It's simple, it's quick, and it's definitely tasty - the perfect week night meal!

Spur of the Moment Pasta
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups elbow pasta (you can use any pasta really)
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
garlic salt and pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, finely minced
1 Tablespoon basil olive oil (you can use extra virgin)
2 splashes of lemon juice
1 can albacore tuna, drained - optional
extra virgin olive oil (I used about 2 Tablespoons)

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions.  Drain.

In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the tomatoes and season with garlic salt and pepper.  Add the oregano, thyme, mint and basil olive oil.  Toss to combine.  Add tomato mixture, lemon juice, jalapeno, and tuna (if using) to the drained pasta.  Toss to combine.  Add extra virgin olive oil by the tablespoons full until the pasta is no longer dry.  Top with parmesan cheese if desired.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Basic White Bread

10 comments:

StephenC said...

This is a super concoction. I've always adored elbow "macaroni", as we called it when I was a kid. We even have a couple cans of tuna in the pantry. This is good to know about. Thanks.

Cranberry Morning said...

This is definitely going to be our dinner tonight! I have some leftover chicken from my Chipotle-type crockpot chicken and figured I'd put in some of my ripe tomatoes. Now you've given me the rest of the recipe. Thanks, as usual, Jenn! :-)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

10 minute dinners - LOVE this idea!! This sounds like a tasty and filling meal - and I have everything in the pantry as well. Great idea here Jenn, thanks!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds delicious and it is a wonderful creation. Good enough to make deliberately :-). I'll probably do just that sometime this week. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

We Are Not Martha said...

I make spur of the moment pasta for dinner often, too. But yours looks way better than mine! Healthy with veggies and super flavorful :)

Sues

Pam said...

Quick, simple, and healthy - perfect spur of the moment meal!

Katie said...

Looks pretty darn good for a quick meal! Tuna is a speedy lifesaver.

Big Dude said...

Looks really good for a throw together.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Gotta have recipes like this on hand for busy nights! Well done, Jenn!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner?
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Chris said...

You had me until the tuna, lol. Why must I hate fish so much?