Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pecan Tassies

Tassies....growing up, tassies were always present on the plate of Christmas goodies that my mom or grandma would make.  I loved them so.  The silly thing about me... I love these little tassies...these little pecan pies...but that's just it, I don't really like pecan pie.  Hmmmm...very interesting, I like pecan tassies, which are basically just bite size pies...but I don't like pecan pie.  I'll have to do some research into that phenomenon!!

These tasty little treats are sure to please this holiday season.  So, add them to your goody tray this year and see if they don't quickly become a favorite treat of everyone's.

One note before I get to the recipe:  I cut this recipe in half... the recipe I'm posting here will make about 100+ tassies.  I did not want, nor need, nor have the patience to make that many, so I just cut the quantities of each ingredient in half.  Nice thing about these, though, they freeze well, so if you make the full batch, you can always freeze half and save them for another time.


 

Pecan Tassies
Recipe courtesy of my mom (Sharon)
Ingredients:
Dough -
1 lb. cream cheese
1 lb. butter (I used unsalted), room temperature
4 cups flour
Filling -
6 eggs, slightly beaten
1 lb. light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 - 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Gradually add the flour.  Mix well; if dough should be easy to handle.  Set aside.

In another bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients until well combined.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Using miniature cupcake pans (spray with a bit of nonstick spray) , firm dough into balls the size of walnuts.  Press into pans to form shells.  Fill 3/4 full with filling mixture.  Bake 25 minutes or until the dough is slightly brown.  Remove from pan carefully.  Yield: Approximately 100-125 tassies


 

11 comments:

Debbie said...

They are a perfect little gem!!!! Never made them but I'll have to give them a try!

pigpigscorner said...

I've never heard of tassies but I love pecan pie!

Cranberry Morning said...

Don't these look delicious! I'll have to get a tassie pan, then I'm making these little treats! Thanks for the recipe.

StephenC said...

You know me, I don't bake or make desserts. But this takes me way back to when my grandma would make something very much like this. I'm thinking she did it with mincemeat.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Jenn, I'm thinking your palate wearies from the pie but finds a morsel delicious. These do look wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Such a fun little bite of pecan pie! My dad would LOVE these! I can not imagine making 100+ of these, spreading that much dough into the muffin tins would drive me crazy LOL!! Must keep this post away from husband, or else he'll be begging me to make these for him, too :)

Juliana said...

So cute these pecan tassies...I love dessert in a small size. Would love to have one right now :-)

Pam said...

I want one right now - yum!

Angie's Recipes said...

These pecan tassies look great! I want a dozen!

Chris said...

Jenn I would love these! Except....I'm allergic to pecans, lol.

Unknown said...

I love me some tassies, too!!