Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Grilled Pork Chops with Chipotle Honey Sauce

I was actually hoping for a thicker sauce, but what I got was definitely worth posting.  I don't know why I expected this to be thicker, because as I read the recipe I even thought ...hmmmm, that sounds pretty "watered" down.... then I just went ahead and made it anyway!!  And I even adjusted it from the original recipe.  But that's ok, I ended up using it as a marinade AND a sauce.  No matter if it was too thick or too thin, it was a wonderfully sweet and spicy sauce.  It worked extremely well with the pork, but would also work well on beef, chicken, or fish...it's just that good!

Grilled Pork Chops with Chipotle Honey Sauce
Adapted from Cooking.com
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless center pork chops
3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a food process, blend all the ingredients together, except for the pork chops, until blended and smooth.  Reserve half of the sauce.

Place the pork chops in a Ziploc bag and pour the other half of the sauce over the pork.  Seal bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Remove pork from bag and discard marinade.  Place the pork directly on the grates and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through - internal temp 145-150 degrees.  Serve with reserved sauce and enjoy!

12 comments:

Bo said...

Well it sounds great to me...I usually never use more than 2 chipotles in a dish...But I'm sure the honey balances out the heat.

Big Dude said...

Looks like a fine chop to me, especially since we're big chipotle in adobo fans.

Cranberry Morning said...

Looks great! Grilled anything sounds good to me. I haven't made a pork dinner for quite a while. I think it's about time.

Unknown said...

I know you love chipotles - as do I!!! This looks awesome! Love the heat & sweetness in this dish!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, that looks so, so good!!! And breakfast is starting to wear off, so I can hear this calling me for lunch ... :)

StephenC said...

Good for you on the temp of the cooked chops. It's absolutely spot-on. Ironically I have a single pork loin chop in the freezer, but only one. Will be on the lookout in the Safeway sale bin. And I do still have some homemade chipotle/adobo.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

I always need inspiration for pork, and this is a perfect idea! I love the sound and look of that chipotle sauce, yum! Thanks for sharing this, Jenn. This would definitely be one delicious light meal for the winter months!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

3 chipoltes?? Are you trying to melt me internally Jenn? LOL it sounds really delicious however I'd have to cut that chipolte back, even with the honey. Bookmarking for the next time I have pork & no real clue what to do with it :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your photo set my mouth to watering. This sounds like a wonderful recipe. The heat with the sweet is a wonderful combination. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

That pork looks so juicy and delicious!

megan said...

I really need to learn to cook pork chops. These look delicious!

Chris said...

I love this one for so many reasons:
1 - chipotle enough said
2 - see #1

3 - you use temps for your grill like I do instead of "medium hot".
4 - you pull pork chops off at a reasonable temp. I HATE dry chops!

Keep on rocking it, Jenn!