Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Every Chip Cookie

Have you ever opened your fridge or pantry and found half to a quarter full bags of chocolate chips?  I sometimes will not use the full bag, so I'll throw it in the fridge and forget about them.  Well, I noticed those bags were starting to take over, so I decided to put them to use.

There really is not much to say about these cookies....I think the pictures speak quite well for themselves.  I poured the entire lot of chips that I had in the dough.  I'm pretty sure it was over 2 cups....but only by just a little :)


Every Chip Cookie
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 (maybe 2 1/2) cups any chips you have on hand, I used chocolate(milk & semi-sweet) , butterscotch, white chocolate, and peanut butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.  In another larger bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter, both sugars, and vanilla together until light and creamy.  Add the eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next.  Slowly beat in the flour mixture.  Carefully fold in chips/morsels (if you are using a standing mixer, remove the bowl and fold chips in by hand).  Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts and place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, remove to wire rack and allow to cool completely.  Enjoy!!


13 comments:

Bo said...

I have a few half bags I need to use up...but all mine are chocolate. Like everytime I bake cookies I buy a new bag.

Cranberry Morning said...

The photo is great, and there's nothing better than an 'every chip' cookie fresh from the oven! Chocolate chips don't last long around here, for when there's 'a chocolate emergency' we dig out the chocolate chips. And when I bake cookies, I do use a lot of chips in them. My mom lived through The Great Depression. So when I was growing up, we had to hunt throughout the cookie to find a chip here and there. Not mine. I think I over compensated. :-)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

You know how much I love cookies, right? Well that could explain why I'm licking the screen!! Dude, Jenn, those look fan-freaking-tastic!!! Great idea on the use up of 1/2 empty bags :)

Danielle said...

Wow that's a lot of different chips in a cookie. They look really yummy though(:

Wayne Hoxie said...

Holy crap, those look awesome! I didn't realize my holiday jones-ing for sweets had started until I saw your post. Now my brain is only letting me think of one thing. Must. Make. Cookies!!!!

Pam said...

Great idea! They are loaded with flavor!

Unknown said...

chocolate chips don't last very long in my kitchen I'm afraid... hehe :)
the cookies look great. Jenn, I presented you with an award on my blog. I hope you'll receive it. I've truly enjoyed reading your blog. Have a great weekend. Michael

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Ha! "Every chip", I love it. I just wrap a rubber band around the bags and throw them back in the pantry, but if you live in a hot climate I could see why you'd need to refrigerate them. Anyway, these look delicious! I could go for one or two for breakfast this morning! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend, Jenn!

Jean at The Delightful Repast said...

Jenn, I need to make some Every Chip Cookies to use up my dribs and drabs of this and that. Your cookie photos are seriously good--really outstanding!

Unknown said...

I love the variety of chips you used in your cookies! It makes me want to go out and buy chips in bulk so I always have leftovers to make these cookies with.

Jensen said...

Awesome Recipe!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, you are a girl after my own heart -- why be a purist with only one kind of chip when you can throw a party with many??? Those look FABULOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Good for you to make cookies! I would have sat there and poured the bags into my mouth!

Beautiful!