Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baked Tilapia with Horseradish Dill Sauce

So, every now and then, even the sauce girl strikes out!  Ok, ok, I didn't actually strike out...I probably hit a double, which is good, but it's not great.  It's not like this sauce was bad...it was pretty good actually...it's just that, well, it was lacking in that WOW factor that I have grown so used to.  I guess I shouldn't expect them all to be amazing, but I've been on such a roll lately.....  No matter, I still had to post this...I mean, like I said, it was a good sauce.  I think it would work even better with steak....actually, prime rib would be the best cut of meat for this for sure!  YUM!  This is a very simple dish to put together - Total time: 15 minutes!! WOOHOO!!

Baked Tilapia with Horseradish Dill Sauce
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
salt and pepper
paprika
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried dill (you can use fresh -1T-, I just did not have it)
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Rinse off fillets and pat dry.  Season with salt, pepper, and paprika; place in prepared dish and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

While the fish bakes, prepared the sauce.  In a small bowl, add the sour cream, the dill, and the horseradish; stir until smooth.  Serve with fish and enjoy!

8 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

The fish looks absolutely gorgeous! And I trust your palate implicitly, so I'll save the sauce for beef on a different night ....

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I like sauce. I like all sauce. But I really love horseradish dill sauce. YUM!


Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Sorry your sauce wasn't a home run, don't you hate it when that happens? Oh well like you said now you know to use it on prime rib next time, cause it does look good :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Prime rib would be the best cut of meat for anything, in my opinion, but this does look good, even though it wasn't your favorite. :-)

Mary Bergfeld said...

The sauce would be terrific with beef. Your fish looks delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

StephenC said...

What do you think was wrong with the sauce? Sounds like good ingredients. And, welcome back, Princess Tilapia! LOL

Pam said...

I would never have thought to combine horseradish and dill. It's too bad the sauce didn't WOW you. The fish looks perfectly baked.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

I'm sorry this wasn't 100% what you were expecting, but it LOOKS absolutely scrumptious and sounds like a great flavor combination! Thanks for sharing. Also, I’m having a cookies and cookbook giveaway today that you should enter!