Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Eggnog Bread

Eggnog...one of my favorite "Christmas holiday" beverages.  I love the flavor.  I love the creamy thickness.  I just love it.  When my mom gave me this recipe a few years back, I knew it would become a favorite of mine.  I mean, I just told you I love eggnog, and if you don't already know, I'm a bread fiend....so hence, I LOVE this!!

This bread needs to be stored in the refrigerator...and I, personally, think the bread just tastes better cold....but you can decide that for yourself.  This is WAY simple to throw together and it will be a hit at any holiday dessert table.


Eggnog Bread
Recipe courtesy my mom (Sharon)
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1 cup eggnog
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease the bottom and 1/2'" up the sides of a 9x5x3" loaf pan.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, stir together the first 4 ingredients.  Make a well in the center; set the bowl aside.  In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.  Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.  Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).  Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Wrap bread and store overnight in refrigerator before slicing.  Enjoy!


21 comments:

Unknown said...

eggnog is one of my favorite holiday drinks as well. This bread looks wonderful. a slice of that and the drink/eggnog latte, that's me sorted. :)

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, I haven't made eggnog bread in years!!! Guess who just added it to her weekend's agenda ...? I could devour an entire loaf greedily, all by myself!

Unknown said...

Looks like it's cooked perfectly!!! YUM! Can I admit here - I have NEVER tried eggnog there I said it! I will have to now for sure!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum Jenn!! I love eggnog too. I can see this being out of this world delicious. Must make. Must make soon :)

Pam said...

I love egg nog but have never had it in baked goods - this bread looks amazing.

StephenC said...

I haven't had eggnog in years - even though I love it. I'd love to taste your bread. Fedex me a piece please.

Big Dude said...

Bev just made some eggnog creme brulee, I'll have to run the bread by her - it sounds very tasty.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I've never thought to eggnog in a cake or bread. I'll wager it is amazing. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Oooh, Jenn, this looks wonderful and so moist! I think your eggnog bread and my homemade strawberry-vanilla jam would make a very happy couple. Thanks for sharing! :)

Cheeseboy said...

This brea looks freaking awesome. I am a huge eggnog guy. I am going to have my wife make this.

Cranberry Morning said...

This is an eggnog I may actually be able to tolerate. LOL Just the fact that it's baked makes me feel so much better. And it sounds very moist and yummy!

Jean at The Delightful Repast said...

Well, you know how I feel about eggnog (love it), so this bread is a MUST! Looks so good, perfect to have with a glass of eggnog or a cup of tea.

Chris said...

I know that Alexis is going to be in LOVE with this one. She is an eggnog freak. Forwarding this to her now.

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

the version i made this week had a box of vanilla pudding in it! it was INCREDIBLE! i don't like egg nog but i LOVED this bread!

UrMomCooks said...

So glad to see an eggnog recipe! Looks delicious!

Melanie said...

This bread looks wonderful! Makes me hungry for homemade bread!

Jewels said...

Ok, mine is in the oven! Can't wait to try this bread. Thanks for sharing another fantastic recipe Jenn!!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

what a great idea, eggnog bread sounds wonderful!
it reminds me a little of potato bread! Thank your mom for us!!
Cheers
Dennis

Diana's Cocina said...

Lovely bread ~ I know my family would love this ~ Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

That DOES sound yummy!! My dad was always a HUGE eggnog fan...that and boiled custard. :)

marybinashland said...

Made the Eggnog Bread...my family adores me! Super easy, super good!!!