Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Honey Mustard Chicken

Before I get started, I'd like to direct your attention to a new blog that is up and running.  It is a blog by three young girls, Laensa (11), Tylan (12), and Erin (10).  As per their blog, they bake stuff (I love that line!).  I think this site is so cute.  I wish I had gotten my love for cooking/baking when I was there age.  I encourage you to check out their site Beautiful Baking Blunders.  Drop them a line too, let them know what you think.  My favorite part is that these girls are learning new things each time they bake and sharing it with the reader.  In one post they talk about tasting baking soda!  LOL  It's a great site and I hope they continue to create and experiment.  Happy Baking, Ladies!!

Now on to the Honey Mustard Chicken.

Last July, Chris's dad and stepmom were out here visiting.  We had them and a few other family members over for dinner one night.  Boy, was I nervous!  I so wanted to impress his parents.  We actually had to work that day, so I had no real time, once we got home, to throw a really extravagant meal together.  I sat thinking about what I could make almost the entire day!  I knew I had to do something on the grill:  It was July 28th, it was over 100 degrees.  There was no way I was going to heat up my tiny little kitchen! I knew it had to be simple, yet still on the wowing side...remember, I wanted to impress...  About 3pm I finally decided: Honey Mustard Chicken.  I threw the ingredients together once I got home, marinated the chicken for an hour and then threw everything on the grill.  SUCCESS!!  Funny that I have never made this dish again until now!  Great thing about this recipe is the three main ingredients are in most peoples pantries...well, refrigerators at least.  This is a good recipe to think about when you are scrambling for a last minute idea for dinner.  If you can't grill, just bake the chicken at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Honey Mustard Chicken 
Ingredients:
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together.  Pour half into another small bowl, cover, and refrigerator until ready to use.

Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag.  Pour the other half of the honey mustard mixture over the chicken.  Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (You could actually marinate them for up to 8 hours)

Preheat a grill (or oven).  When grill is ready, cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle, about 5-10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breast.  Serve with sauce drizzled over the chicken or on the side as a dipping sauce.  Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Looks and sounds fantastic Jenn. I love the sunny yellow color of the sauce. Mmmm my mouth is watering now :)

Debbie said...

Oh does that ever look good! I'll drop by the girls blog...sounds so cute!