Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Easy Baked Fish Fillets

I can hear both my Aunts' now...ANOTHER fish recipe?  Yes, yes..another fish recipe.  I told you in one of my first postings that Chris and I were big fish eaters...see, I don't lie :)

You know who else doesn't lie?  The creator of this recipe.  It really IS easy!  I mean SIMPLE EASY!  Prep time is like 2 minutes, I swear!  This is a perfect week night meal idea.  I used Tilapia in this recipe, but you can use any type of white fish you might have available.  Tilapia is big in our house because it's about the only fish that Chris will eat and is reasonably priced.  Most of the recipes you see on here can be adapted to another type of fish.  I'd try to keep it in the white fish family, though.  Sometimes what I season Tilapia with will not work with salmon...but experiment.  I basically find a fish recipe and adapt it to work with the Tilapia.  Tilapia is easy that way, though.  It doesn't have a lot of flavor on its own, so it tends to pick up whatever flavor you cook it with.  Probably the main reason Chris likes it over other types of fish :)

Easy Baked Fish Fillets
Adapted from Cooking Light/MyRecipes.com 
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia fillets or other white fish fillets
non-stick cooking spray
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 Tablespoons panko or regular breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place fish in a baking dish coated with non-stick spray.  Combine the lime juice, mayo, rosemary, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl.  Spread over fillets.  Sprinkle 1 Tbls panko over each fillet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.  Enjoy!
(Nutritional Info: 223 calories, 7.5g fat, 5.3g carbohydrates, 84mg cholesterol, 33.6g protein, 223mg sodium)

1 comment:

Stephen C said...

I think we share some cooking philosphy: experiment and be inventive. It would be fun to share a kitchen with you and just make stuff up.

His Chris tried catfish? It's all farm-raised these days and has a very mild flavor. It is also extremely forgiving in terms of cooking time.