Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snickers Cookies

HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY SNICKERS!!!  On this day, back in 1930, the Mars family introduced its second product, the Snickers bar, named after their favorite horse (of course).  So to honor the best selling chocolate bar of all time, I decided to post my recipe for Snickers Cookies.  I got the idea for these cookies after I tried a recipe posted by one of my favorite food blogs, Life's Ambrosia.  The recipe was for Butterfinger Cookies and Chris and I were instant fans of them.  Chris's favorite candy bar is Snickers, so I thought to myself, I could make a cookie using Snickers instead of Butterfingers!  I basically took her idea and melded it with my peanut butter cookie recipe and this was the result.  These cookies don't last long, so if you have a big family, make a double batch!

Oh.. and in case you are as big of a Snickers fan as we are...check back here Monday for a Snickers Pie recipes .... mmmmmm... you won't want to miss it!  (It's Chris's birthday tomorrow and I'm making the pie especially for him!!)

Snickers Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 Snicker's fun size candy bars, chopped into small pieces

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and egg; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.

In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time to the sugar mixture; mix well.  Fold in Snickers bars.

Shape into walnut size balls.  Place 4 inches apart on cookie sheets and flatten a bit with a fork.

Bake for 8-11 minutes or until they are gold brown on the edges.  Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

how can a cookie married to a snickers be anything but fantastic?? The only thing that could make it better is to use the dark chocolate snickers, but I'm a dark chocolate kind of girl :)

Unknown said...

Andrea.. That is a GREAT idea! I completely forgot about the dark chocolate Snickers! I am so going to use those next time!