Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Weekend Part One: Snickers Pie

Chris's birthday was last Friday.  I took him out for dinner to The Keg Steakhouse.  We love going there for very special occasions!  I would never actually tell people that they MUST go, because it's a bit on the pricey side....BUT...if you do nothing else in your lifetime, go there just for the garlic cheese bread.  I know what you are thinking, I could get garlic cheese bread anywhere.  You are right, you can, but you cannot get this heavenly, creamy, delicious, heart clogging garlic cheese bread anywhere but The Keg.  I don't know if I should say it, but it's close to orgasmic!  It's the type of thing you take a bite of and just sort of drift off into a daze......
 
This picture does not do it justice, but I think you get a good idea .. it's cheesy.. it's gooey...it's creamy.. it's FANTASTIC!!  Go there, try that, leave....it ranks as one of the best things I've ever eaten!!  (psst... I have duplicated this at home...as best as I can, that is... and don't worry, I'll post it and it's secret ingredient soon!!)  The entire meal was amazing and it was a perfect night.

Lucky for Chris, his birthday feast was just beginning.  Saturday evening I made a stuffed chicken breast that I made the very first time I cooked for him.  You will have to check back tomorrow for that recipe though...today I'm only posting the pie he requested.  Snickers Pie!!!  How should I put it.....it's simple....it's delectable...it's a must try!!  I mean look at it......  

 
You know you want to try it.......go ahead.....you won't be disappointed :)
 
Snickers Pie
Adapted from Make Life Delicious 
Ingredients:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
8 fun size Snickers bars, chopped small (reserve a little to sprinkle on top of the pie)
4 oz Cool Whip, thawed (1/2 carton)
6 oz chocolate crumb pie crust

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until creamy.  Stir in chopped candy bars.  Gently fold in the Cool Whip just until mixed.  Pour into crust, top with remaining chopped Snickers, and refrigerate for 8 hours or over night.  Enjoy!

(p.s...I know next week is Valentine's day, but I'm not big into that day.  I think it's silly that there has to be a specific day to tell your loved ones how you feel about them...that should be an every day occurrence.  So, I'm sorry to say, you will not be seeing any posts for romantic dinners or desserts this week...this one will have to suffice!)

 

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh my, but that looks so creamy and decadent.I saw your site from the foodieblogroll and if you won't mind, I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add a Foodista widget here at the end of this blog post and it's ready to go.Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you Alisa. I love your site!!!