Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baked Asian Style Pork Chops

 
My recipe library (that's right, it's not a box, it's a full on library!!) is packed full of pasta, fish, and chicken recipes.  I lack on the pork and beef, though. I'm picky about the recipes I choose, that's what it really comes down to :)  When I saw this recipe, I immediately knew I need to add it to my collection!  First, the picture (which looks SO much better then mine) on Life's Ambrosia made my mouth water (as do most of the pictures on Des' site).  Second, I've been on this big Asian flavor kick when I cook lately.  I love using sriracha and hoisin.  Those two things brought this recipe idea to my attention when I was planning meals last week.  So glad it did too, because it was fantastic!  The only thing I did differently, was I used rice vinegar instead of rice wine vinegar.  I don't know how much it changed the flavor, but it tasted delicious to us, so I'm going to say it didn't effect the flavor that much!

Baked Asian Style Pork Chops
Recipe created by Des, Life's Ambrosia 
Ingredients:
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon soy sauce
4 boneless pork chops


Directions:
In a bowl whisk together garlic, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, sriracha sauce, hoisin sauce, ground ginger and soy sauce.
 

Place pork chops in a baking dish or plastic bag. Pour marinade over the top. Turn pork chops to coat, or shake to coat if you are using a bag. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
 

Line a baking sheet with foil. Place pork chops on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.  Remove from oven, allow to rest 5 minutes. Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum!! I was just thinking that I needed to try some new pork recipes, and here you are :) I love Asian flavors so this is a MUST TRY for me :) Now if I only had pork chops here...