Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ginny's Cakes


Aren't they awesome?  I know the lovely and talented Ginny and just wanted to take a moment to show her off.  I don't know exactly where all my readers are reading from, BUT, if you happen to live in Iowa, specifically around the Ely - Iowa City - Coralville - North Liberty - Cedar Rapids area, you need to seriously consider having Ginny make your next celebration cake!

Check out more great cakes and how to contact her on her website HERE or find her on Facebook HERE - and when the time comes and you see her on a Food Network cake challenge, you can tell everyone you saw her here first!! :)

One Year Ago:  Baked Penne with Chorizo
Two Years Ago:  Bourbon Chicken
 

13 comments:

StephenC said...

I absolutely hate watching the cake competitions on Food Network. But I have to admit, these photos are beautiful. I may just move there so I can get some of that.

Debbie said...

Looks so pretty that I'd hate to eat it!!!

Yenta Mary said...

I so, so envy the people who have the talent to make these beautiful edible artworks! I have no patience or skill in this area whatsoever!

Cranberry Morning said...

Yes, they are truly works of art! What a talent Ginny has - and perseverance through a lot of hard work.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Beautiful cakes! Ginny's got some talent there!

Pam said...

She is very talented!

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to try a cake like that

Mary Bergfeld said...

Her cakes are just gorgeous and I wish I lived in the area. What a wonderful resource for special occassions. If not yet, she should soon be very successful. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

Ginny definitely knows how to make a cake. They are gorgeous and it would be awesome to live in her neighborhood!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Wow! What a talent!! When I try and make cakes look 'pretty' the opposite happens. My special talent, it seems, is to make cakes ugly. Go Ginny, go!

Mary said...

Darn it. I thought for sure you were going to say that she was here in the valley! Gorgeous cakes for certain. I have exactly ZERO talent for decorating like that. Hence the reason why 90% of my cakes wind up with a ganache on top. ;)

Frugal Tumbleweed Acres said...

Those are fabulous cakes. I love watching the cake challenges on the food Network, sighing at all the beauty.
gourdsrmylife(at)yahoo(dot)com

Chris said...

Pffft! I don't know what everyone is so impressed by...in the second picture she can't even keep her cakes level! (ha ha ha ha ha)

Brilliant work.