Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grilled Chicken with Hoisin-Spice Sauce

Simply grilled, simply dressed - this recipe is a great way to bring a delicious meal to the table in under 30 minutes. (ok, minus marinating time...    is that misleading???)

Do I really need to say anymore? :)

Grilled Chicken with Hoisin-Spice Sauce
Adapted from the Food Network Magazine
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup hoisin
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice (five spice packs a pretty good flavor punch, start off with 1/8 tsp, taste, and add more - you can always add more, you can't take away!!)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon mirin (if you don't have mirin just use more rice vinegar)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken together until well combined.  Reserve 2 tablespoons of the sauce and set aside.  Rinse chicken, pat dry, and place in a shallow dish.  Spread the remaining hoisin mixture over the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil the grill grates and place the chicken directly over the fire.  Grill 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.  Serve with reserved sauce and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Rotini with Cherry Tomatoes and Tuna
Two Years Ago:  Super Bowl Countdown Take Two:  More Appetizers

12 comments:

StephenC said...

I might do this with bone-in chicken thighs (I realize that is not an option for you). And of course I'd have to broil it or use our stovetop grill pan (which, by the way I don't know where to find since we moved to DC).

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum. As you well know the flavors you've used make me happy happy happy! THis sounds really delicious and a different way to get those beloved Asian flavors into dinner. yay!

Big Dude said...

Your sliced chicken looks nice and moist and the outside color is very pretty- nice job Jenn.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

So up my alley. I've got some chicken breasts in the freezer and now I know what I'm going to do with them!

Pam said...

Another amazing sauce!

Yenta Mary said...

People often think they need to glamourize foods, not realizing that a few simple ingredients can be transformed into something as gorgeous and delicious as this chicken ... :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous flavors - the chicken looks SO good - I'm bookmarking this for sure
Mary x

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks fantastic, Jenn! I would love the spicy flavor!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love this recipe. I love your Hoisin sauce and the chicken looks wonderful. That is is simple to make doesn't hurt either. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

I wonder if you and I ever do grilled chicken the same way twice....ever. Just like you, I'm always doing different variations, they are all good, but I don't know that I ever do two the exact same way.

Candace said...

You always feature the most mouth watering grilled dishes over here, Jenn. As full as I am right now, I could definitely eat a piece of that chicken.

Unknown said...

The chicken looks so succulent and juicy, and you know I love hoisin, so it's definitely a winner. I used to think Chinese five spice smells a bit weird but I love it now. Funny how our palate changes.