Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thai Style Honey Peanut Chicken

I LOVED this dish!  It was fantastic!  Truly the "peanut" flavored chicken I have been searching for!!  I know I may have said that before....but this really, really IS the peanut chicken I have been looking for!

This is another One Perfect Bite masterpiece, by the way (and I swear, I am not stalking Mary)!  I did not change the ingredients, but I did change the method of cooking.  I went with the more stir fry way of cooking.... and no, Andrea, I did not use the velveting technique on this one either... sorry :(  I'm just lazy, I can't help it sometimes!

Not only does this chicken taste fantastic, but it is a very simple dish to throw together.... and with a week like I've been having, simple and quick are life savers!  You can adjust the heat on this by cutting back on the curry and Sriracha, but I would have to agree with Mary when she says don't leave the Sriracha out all together...it just adds something wonderful to the chicken!

(by the way, you'll see orange peppers in the pictures, but those were in my rice, not in with my chicken, so don't think I left out an ingredient.)

Thai Style Honey Peanut Chicken
Adapted from One Perfect Bite
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons Sriracha
1 lbs. chicken, cut into bite size chunks
1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions:
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together all the ingredients, except the chicken and the oil, until smooth; set aside.

In a deep skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium high heat.  When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.  Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil.  Allow to cook until the sauce has thickened.  Serve over rice and enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Rigatoni with Spring Herbs and Tuna

13 comments:

StephenC said...

Nice work!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I can just taste the curry from here and imagine how much it adds to this dish! I love peanut chicken, never thought to add curry to it though. What a great idea!!! I'll get you to velvet your chicken on a regular basis someday, if its the last thing I do LOL :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Okay, you've sold me on this recipe. You and Mary, that is. And now that I've got a bottle of srichacha, I think I've got everything for it!

Give it up, Andrea. LOL

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

Love Mary's blog as well. Full of fantastic stuff. Looks like this one didn't disappoint. WE love peanut chicken and sriracha so I will definitely be trying this one. Bookmarked!

Unknown said...

Looks perfect, love the texture and color on this one.

Unknown said...

I trust Mary's recipe and her blog is one of the ones that I stalk. The chicken looks so mouth watering Jenn. Yum. And I agree not to leave out the sriracha.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

oh that is my kind of chicken! Yum!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Mary Bergfeld said...

Jenn, I'm delighted you liked the chicken and I really appreciate the shout-out. I hope you have a good day. Blessings...Mary

Cheeseboy said...

Wow, that looks and sounds SO GOOD. I'd definitely order this somewhere.

Unknown said...

I mean....this is delicious..no doubt! I will make this soon. Love Mary too!!!

Pam said...

Mmmm. Love the flavors of this dish.

Robyn Medlin Lindars said...

my husband would love this dish, I"ll have to give it a try!

Chris said...

I just imported this and can't wait to try it. Curry and peanut butter AND sriracha? Oh yeah!