Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Guest Blogger: Filet Mignon with Creamy Mushroom Sauce

Happy Friday everyone!!  Before I introduce today's guest blogger, I just want to remind you to stop by and check out my Fire Day Friday post over at Our Krazy Kitchen.  Today's recipe:  Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Cucumber Relish.  You are not going to want to miss this one...I even tell a little story about Kamikazes!!

Today I'm really excited to introduce a Desi from SteakNPotatoesKindaGirl.  I was taken in by Desi's blog instantly...her love for sauces was an immediate draw for me.  I mean, to find someone that loves sauces (and bacon...mmmm bacon sauce!!) as much as myself is hard to find.  Up until I ran across Desi's site, there was only one other blogger that I followed that pronounced her love for sauces as loudly as I did (Alisa...you know I'm talkin' about you girl!!).  Wait a second..could it be?  And now I know for sure, I just added one more girl to my wolf pack!  (please tell me you've seen The Hangover because that line will be a hell of a lot funnier if you have)  ANYWAY, I'm rambling and Desi has something amazing to talk about..... so Desi, it's all you:

Hey yall!!! I am super excited and honored that Jenn has asked me to be a guest blogger for the day!  My name is Desiree, but you can call me Desi.  I'm a steak n potatoes kinda girl, if you couldn't tell, but to be honest, I don't get to make a lot of steak recipes because I love my filet, and well...it's pricey!!  But I do love steak (and potatoes, and bacon, but that's another story for another time) so I thought, why not share a recipe the reflects my name?

Anyone who follows my blog knows that I love me some mushrooms.  I could probably eat them on ANYTHING! It's obvious that they go well with steak.  And anyone who follows my blog also knows that, like Jenn, I am a sauce girl!  Again, I could pour sauce on just about anything.  That's why Jenn and I are foodie soul sistas!

So this one's for all the steak lovers, the mushroom huggers, the sauce addicts!  Run to the store and buy your fave steaks NOW, cuz it's about to get delicious in here!

Filet Mignon with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Adapted from Taste of Home
3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
5 Tablespoons butter, divided
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
6 filet mignon steaks, about 4-6 oz each *we used only 2 steaks but still made all of the sauce

In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons of butter for 7 minutes or until tender.  Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until blended.  Gradually add the cream, small amounts at a time, stirring between each addition.  Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in parsley; set aside and keep warm.

Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat.  Cook steaks for 7 minutes on each side, or until the meat has reached desired temperature.  Serve with the mushroom sauce. 

Printable Recipe

*The recipe does make plenty of sauce, I just didn't want so much sauce on my steak this particular time because I was watching my weight, and well, this sauce is loaded with heavy whipping cream and butter.  I know there isn't much sauce in the picture, I served myself mostly mushrooms with a bit of sauce.  But believe me, the recipe makes plenty of sauce and  you can slather your steak in this sauce if you really wanted to (like I used to).  So don't let the picture fool ya.  :) 

Of course, I want to thank Jenn for the opportunity to share this recipe with all of her readers... YOU!  I hope all all will stop by my blog and pay me a visit anytime!  You're always welcome!

Peace, and bacon grease!

17 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Torture, pure torture for me and my vegetarian kitchen ... :( That looks so, so good!

StephenC said...

I haven't treated myself to a filet mignon in years. It's time.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yeah, I gotta have a plate of that! YUM it looks really delicious. My mushroom loving sister & spouse need me to make that sauce. they just don't know it yet LOL :) Thanks Desi, I'm off to check out your blog now!

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you Desi! This dish looks and sounds out of this world good! I LOVE mushrooms too in any shape and form! Love this!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Desi and Jenn, this looks great. I do a steak and mushroom sauce, too, and this has my mouth watering. I liked your "used only two steaks but still made all of the sauce"! That's how I am with mushrooms!

Pam said...

Beef + mushroom sauce = me very happy! It looks FANTASTIC.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Peace and bacon grease. LOVE IT! This looks like exactly what I want for dinner. Thanks guys!


Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

DIVINE, I am going to Ruth Chris on Saturday - now I am in the proper mood!

Desi said...

Thanks for the opportunity, Jenn! And thanks to all of your wonderful readers! You guys are awesome! Stop on by my blog anytime! And Jenn, I'll be a guest blogger ANYTIME!

Cheeseboy said...

There is no way this could NOT be good.

Big Dude said...

I love steak with mushrooms and this looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Oh Yum! Fantastic. I am drooling...
That's what I call a steak and love the creaminess of the mushroom sauce. Thank you for introducing me to Desi. I'm heading over to her blog now... (still drooling...)

Unknown said...

now that is fine food... I am salivating and need to eat it right NOW!!!

Chris said...

Ha ha ha only you, Jenn or I would make the full sauce for two steaks! For almost any recipe I read and make, I double any sauces.

Nice looking fillet, I'll have to try this with some grilled steaks.

Angie's Recipes said...

This is a pure delight! Creamy mushroom looks so so yummy!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Desi, this sounds wonderful and I love your signoff. This looks like a real delight. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Robyn said...

love the cucumber relish recipe! Will definitely be giving that a try!!@