Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spicy Grilled Pork Chops with Mango Pineapple Salsa

Summer on a plate...that's what this dish is.  It's light, it's spicy, it's fresh and it's absolutely delicious!

And speaking of summer...it sure is starting to feel like it around here.  Oh, sure, we didn't even get to 60 last Saturday - and it was raining all day....BUT...the week before, we actually hit 100 degrees.  100 DEGREES.....in April....come on, I know I live in the desert, but cut us a little slack, huh?  I mean, I'll suffer through 112 degrees every day, just let it not get that way until at least June!!  Why is that too much to ask for?  Granted, I can't complain too much, as I would rather it have been 100 degrees than snowing and 30 below!!

Ok, so I'm done complaining....let's talk pork chops :)  Actually, the true star of this show is the Mango Pineapple Salsa....but than again, you probably figured that out since you can see I smothered the pork with it!!  This recipe has everything - spicy - fresh - fruity - Ok, well it might not have EVERYTHING, but it is pretty damn good!  There's just something about fruit and pork that makes me go...mmmmmmmmm!!!

Spicy Grilled Pork Chops with Mango Pineapple Salsa
Printable Recipe
Ingredients:
4 pork chops (any cut..I used bone in loin chops)
For the Marinade -
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1 Tablespoons hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Salsa -
1 mango, diced (click on this link for instructions on how to cut a mango)
1 cup crushed pineapple, drain - juice reserved
handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 green chili, finely diced
dash of lime juice
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley

Directions:
Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade until well blended.  Pour/rub over pork and allow to marinate for 4 hours.

Meanwhile, combine the mango, drained pineapple, tomatoes, green chili, lime juice, and parsley.  Add a little (or a lot, it's up to you) pineapple juice and stir to combine.  Allow to sit in fridge while pork marinates.

Preheat grill to medium-high.  Oil the grill grates.  Place the pork directly onto the grates and grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees F.  Remove from grill, serve with mango pineapple salsa, and enjoy! 

One Year Ago:  Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

14 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, I cannot express how absolutely enticing that looks! Not only because it's pork, which I desperately miss; but the salsa is GORGEOUS!!! If you're supposed to eat with your eyes even before you taste anything, this is a feast ... :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

If you had any idea how much I love pork and pineapple together you'd have posed a WARNING disclaimer at the top of this post :) I want to lick my screen. Ok that's not very productive so how about this: I'll just go to the store & get the ingredients to make this!! We're supposed to have mid 70's this weekend, sounds like grillin weather to me! And this is perfect for the maiden voyage of 2011 :)

100F already? You would have to shoot me. Seriously. I don't play well with extreme heat LOL!

StephenC said...

I bought a whole pineapple several days ago. There's a lot of food in there! We love mangos also. And you are to be congratulated for knowing what temp you need for pork.

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

Love the citrus and spice combo here. And pork on the grill? Hello yummy. Can't wait to try this one.

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Mmmm ... mango and pineapple would accent pork beautifully. Why didn't *I* think of that?! (Here's hoping for no more triple digits for a few more months!)

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful pork dish. The salsa takes it over the top. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

I'll trade you some sun (not the 100 degrees) for some of my rain... UGH.

Bookmarked this recipe ~ I will be making this one soon. MMMMM good.

Unknown said...

edible summer? love it! the colour and flavours...yum.
It's supposed to be spring here, but it's actually rather chilly the past couple of days. Nobody comes to England for the weather.

Unknown said...

Oh how nice, we eat with our eys and this is lovely and bright. have a nice weekend girl.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Perfect! Totally making this tonight! Thanks Jenn.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
http://www.mawhats4dinner.com

Desi said...

Oh my, those DO sound like summer on a plate! Pork chops go well with pineapples. Thanks for this yummy recipe idea :)

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Jenn, I have SO been needing some dinner inspiration and this will be just the ticket for sometime next week. Thanks so much for sharing! The salsa combined with the pork is making my mouth water, it looks so delicious. I hope you have a great weekend.

Cheeseboy said...

This makes me hungry and yearn for summer. A double helping of things I can't have right now.

Chris said...

Holy crapoly, that is one powerful marinade (in a good way)! Cinnamon gives a nice tropical kick.