Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spicy Garlic Shrimp Pasta

I'm pretty sure I've said this many times... you do not see a lot of shrimp recipes on here because I have had bad experiences with the frozen kind and fresh is not that easy to find out here.  So, I tend to only buy it on certain occasions.  BUT.. I was looking for something different to make... something outside of my standard chicken or tilapia...so I grabbed a bag and hoped for the best.

Good thing I did, because this bag was good.  No stinky, smelly shrimp!! YAY!!!

Of course, the first thing I wanted to make was a pasta dish!! There's just something about shrimp and pasta that I adore.  It's actually the one time I prefer to have a thin pasta like angel hair, over my beloved penne.  And garlic........ I mean, shrimp and pasta go so well with garlic!! (as do so many, many more things!!)

Anyway, this is yet another fantastic week night meal.  It can easily come together in less then 30 minutes...you just can't beat that.  Not only is this a good week night meal for the entire family, but it can also be a fantastic little romantic dinner for two!  Versatility is your friend!!

Spicy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3/4 lbs angel hair pasta
2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/4-1/2 lbs. shelled and deveined medium shrimp
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less for less heat)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper
freshly toasted homemade Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions.  Drain; reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.

In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes.  Cook for 1 minute.  Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp is heated through.  Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta, tossing to coat.  Toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the parsley and season with salt and pepper.  If the pasta is too dry, add the reserved pasta water.  Top with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!

 

One Year Ago:  Steaks with Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon & Garlic Marinade

14 comments:

Big Dude said...

Oh yeah Babe

StephenC said...

I think it is amazing how many varieties of pasta there are, and how each feels different in the mouth. Shrimp are my friends.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Your thoughts about shrimp are very similar to mine about frozen fish. One bag I bought was just plain vile and I've been gunshy ever since! I usually have good luck with frozen shrimp (being in the middle of the nation I have come to accept that frozen is ok, fresh just isn't happening here 2000 miles from a coast LOL) This dish sounds like a winner Jenn! Garlic & shrimp are total BFF, add pasta and its a happy menage a trois :)

Victor said...

Oh yum, this is my kind of dish to eat! We have a whole freezer of shrimps, whenever it is on special, we buy it.

Unknown said...

Love it! An absolute quick, delicious "go to" dish that impresses every time! Love garlicy shrimp and I'm glad the shrimp worked out this time...stinky shrimp is certainly a bad thing that would leave one scarred!

Yenta Mary said...

Shrimp and pasta are a perfect couple, and this looks DIVINE!!!

Pam said...

I want this for dinner tonight!

Cheeseboy said...

This makes me so bummed that my wife hates shrimp. Everything else in the recipe she loves. I suppose we could substitute chicken.

Cranberry Morning said...

Yummy, love the tomato AND that all-important adjective 'spicy'!!

Unknown said...

Oh yum, you know how much I love pasta Jenn, so this dish is right up my street. absolutely love it.

Rock Kitaro said...

Nice!!! Thanks for this!!

Katie said...

Stinky, smelly shrimp is always my problem. Ugh!

Chris said...

Shrimp scampi over angel hair is one of my faves, so I would love your dish since it is quite similar.

Anonymous said...

AAAAWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEEE. By the way, i'm just a kid but anything italian is delicous