Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Peach Glazed Grilled Chicken

So here's something funny and unusual about me:  I love peach flavored things, but I do not like the fruit itself.  Well, if it was the last thing on earth to eat, I would definitely eat it, I don't dislike it that much...  But given the choice between peaches and anything else, and I'm probably gonna go for the anything else.

With that said, I was at the store looking for apricot preserves and would you believe it, they did not have one single jar of it.  So, I thought, ok.. what's close to apricot??  Peach?  Really?  Peach is the only thing on this shelf that is sort of like it?  Well, crap... ok, then, let's get it.  So into the cart it went and into the pantry it went once we got home.  And there it stayed....and stayed...and all of a sudden I could not remember what I had planned on making with the apricot preserves!!  Wanting to use this jar of preserves that I really had not wanted in the first place, I decided to make a marinade for chicken with it.  And believe it or not, a star was born!  A simple, yet flavorful marinade that could even double for a sauce, if you were so inclined to heat it up in a sauce pan...I'm just saying, it would be good :)

Peach Glazed Grilled Chicken
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup peach preserves
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken.  Rinse the chicken and pat dry.  Place chicken in shallow dish or resealable bag and pour marinade over it.  Let marinate for 8 hours or over night. (If you are in a pinch, you can marinate it for 4 hours, but I wouldn't recommend any less time.)

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Oil the grill grates.  Remove the chicken from the bag or dish and discard marinade.  Place chicken on grill and grill 6-10 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.  Chicken is ready when it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  The Best Barbecued Sticky Chicken with Lemon & Garlic

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way that fruit like this can totally compliment chicken. I do a similar thing with marmalade, which works in the same way. Lovely recipe x

Yenta Mary said...

I know so many people who think fruity chicken is too sweet, not realizing what a perfect combination it is! I also use Dijon mustard with apricot or peach, so this has to be a fabulous dish!!!

StephenC said...

Yep, peach is a good thing for this kind of recipe. Funny how stuff ends up in one's pantry.

Cranberry Morning said...

Peach is one of my very favorite flavors! Can't wait to try out this grilled chicken recipe. It's amazing how many of my files say '-Jenn.' :-)

Angie's Recipes said...

hehe...my husband loves all things peachy...fresh peach too, even the deo..
Your grilled chicken looks so yummy!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Great idea!! Fruit on chicken is divine IMHO so this is right up my alley!! I have some homemade peach jam that I think I'll try this with :) Thanks for the idea Jenn!

Pam said...

I love peach flavor and I am sure this chicken would make me very happy!

Bo said...

I love peaches...It's perfect weather for grilling here today too.

Unknown said...

I love peaches! I love many a fruit when paired with chicken/pork too! It livens things up a bit and keeps it fresh! Very nice!

Unknown said...

I adore peaches, fresh and as preserves. I love the combination of fruit and meat and I don't think I've paired peach with chicken. Will definitely give this a go. The grilled chicken looks yummy.

Unknown said...

I love it, I always have errant jars of preserves..must try this

Chris said...

LMAO over your peach commentary. I'm right with ya!