Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sriracha Coleslaw

If you have been following my blog for a while now, you are very aware of my love for Sriracha.  So, there was no question on whether I was going to make this or not when I stumbled upon it on Life's Ambrosia.  The unfortunate thing about trying this recipe is that I probably will never go back to plain-jane coleslaw.  Once you've had a little Sriracha in it, you will never go back...trust me.  So before you try this, be sure it's what you want - Be sure you are ok with saying goodbye to your standard every day coleslaw.

You have been warned.


Sriracha Coleslaw
Adapted from Life's Ambrosia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 14oz bag coleslaw mix
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (less Sriracha will give you less heat, start with a little and add a little at a time if you are concerned with the spice level)
1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the mayo, Sriracha, ginger, and rice vinegar.  Stir until smooth.  Add the coleslaw mix and toss to combine.  Season with salt and pepper.  I like to let my coleslaw sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before I serve it...just to make sure all the flavors have had time to meld together.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Pan Fried Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

15 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, man, you eat well at your house!!! That sounds like it would be perfect with almost any food, for any occasion, at any time ... :)

StephenC said...

Ok, I'm ready to try this. Must replenish sriracha supply - we didn't bring any along on the move.

Katie said...

I hear sriracha is addictive. Now I have to try it!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Sriracha, how I love thee!! Gotta make this Jenn!

Unknown said...

It's freakin red gold! Love this coleslaw and want some now!

We Are Not Martha said...

Coleslaw has to be pretty special for me to enjoy it... Coleslaw with sriacha? I'm pretty sure that qualifies! Yum!

Sues

Pam said...

Brilliant! My husand and I would both really dig this slaw, especially on those pork sandwiches. Mmmmm!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really is a wonderful idea. I plan to try this this weekend. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I'm in! Can't wait to try it.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex, aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Jenn, I love all kinds of coleslaw, so there's no reason I won't love this one. Sounds zippy! I like my coleslaw made the day before even. It won't lose its crunch.

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks, Jenn! Another good use for that Sriracha sauce I bought last week. :-)

Chris said...

I can NOT wait to try this. This would actually go great with a knock off of Applebee's pulled pork wonton tacos. They use pulled pork, sweet q sauce, and a spicy slaw and then fry it in a crisp wonton "taco" shell.

Unknown said...

I love sriracha too. This is a bril twist to coleslaw. Such wonderful idea.

Bob L said...

Great recipe - I did it last night with some slow-ccoked BBQ spare ribs. How good is it that there is yet another use for Sriracha.

Bo said...

I love Sriracha and coleslaw...I bet this would be great with Kewpie mayo...I'm gonna have to try this one.