Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baked Fish with Sour Cream-Parmesan Sauce

This was seriously good.  Sometimes I'm surprised that I can find/come up with such great new ideas for tilapia.  Sooner or later, you know it's going to happen... you'll come, check out my site and there will be no posts for fish!  I know that may come as good news to some, but it is saddening news to this blogger.

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic....I'll admit, that happens from time to time.  But nonetheless...this recipe was outstanding!  It was crispy, it was a little creamy, it was flavorful, it was delicious!  And of course, as always, let's not forget simple :)  You know I'm a sucker for simple!

Baked Fish with Sour Cream-Parmesan Sauce
Adpated from Southern Cooking
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
3 Tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon panko bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  Rinse the fillets and pat dry.  Place fillets in prepared baking dish.

In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper until well blended.  Spread the mixture evenly over each piece of fish.  In another bowl, combine the two bread crumbs.  Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over each piece of fish.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Creamy Ranch Chicken Enchiladas

12 comments:

StephenC said...

How do I get to be first two days in a row? I'll type fast so nobody gets ahead of me. I'm going to buy some tilapia. I have rarely used it. I'm not going to use it, just buy it. LOL What a funny dude! I'm not happy about the Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, but, who am I to judge?

Cranberry Morning said...

I feel a hunger for Omega 3s coming on. I need to eat more of this and I'll make sure to use extra Parmesan. Love that stuff!

Roxan said...

Jenn I'm also a huge fan of simple! Especially after a long day of work. This fish looks great. I'm not the hugest fan of tilapia (personal preference) but I know this recipe would be great on any fish!

Unknown said...

I love all of your recipes, it is want I want every night.

Big Dude said...

I wouldn't to live in your heat, but would like to be your next door neighbor and next best friend who gets invited to dinner every night - you guys could move up here.

Unknown said...

Looks light, flakey and delish!!! Another winner!

Unknown said...

Fish, yum. Sour cream, yum. Parmesan, yum. One thing though... reduced fat sour cream?! :)

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Jenn, you are fast becoming my go-to gal for fish. Fish has never been my "thing" so it's the one thing for which I turn to others for help.

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

That looks really delicious! Do you think I could substitute yogurt for the sour cream? (I almost always have it on hand.)

Mmmmmmm ... I'm going to try this soon.

Catherine said...

This recipe sounds just perfect..simple and delicious is just an extra bonus..Blessings, Catherine

Unknown said...

Kelly - I don't see any problem at all with substituting yogurt. Actually, it might even be better that way :)

Chris said...

You always make the best sauces for fish, even though I don't care for fish.