Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tailgating Asian Chicken Strips

Everybody can make chicken wings when tailgating... but I thought I would go against the norm and make chicken strips instead.  Still a finger food and still great for tailgating... or any time really!  What pulled me to this recipe was that it was for Asian chicken but it used cumin and oregano... two spices I really do not associate with Asian cuisines.  I don't think it was enough of each ingredient to really notice that it made a difference, but I had to try it anyway.  The verdict?  I loved these... simple and delicious.. you know that's my favorite combination!!

Tailgating Asian Chicken Strips
Adapted from Guy Fieri
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 lbs. chicken tenders

Directions:
In a measuring cup or bowl, mix together the soy, honey, lime and orange juice, chili paste, sesame oil, oregano, cumin, garlic and fish sauce until well combined.  Place the chicken tenders in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.  Seal and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding equal parts mayonnaise, chili garlic paste and Sriracha.  Cover and place in refrigerator (or cooler) until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove tenders from bag and discard marinade.  Place tenders over direct heat and grill 4-5 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.  Serve with sauce and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Peanut Butter Pie with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Two Years Ago:  Pots de Creme
 

7 comments:

StephenC said...

I would love to have had some of these last night while I watched the Redskins beat the Giants.

Cranberry Morning said...

I would love to have these tonight while watching Downton Abbey reruns! :-) The only Redskins I'm interested in are the potatoes.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Sign me up!! These would make me actually like tailgating;)

Pam said...

They look perfect for tailgating!

Debra Hawkins said...

These look delicious! I think they would be the perfect addition to any tailgate!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Boy, these look good. I love your use of Asian chili sauce. I'll have to give these a try. Have a great day.Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

You should put those on a salad!