Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cornflake Crusted Tilapia

You may remember my post on Cheese Frenchees back in November, if not, I highly recommend checking that recipe out.. it's a heart clogging one, but it's an oh so good heart clogging one :)  ANYWAY... with that recipe, I had an abundance of crushed Corn Flakes on hand, so I've been trying to find ways to use it up (I hate to waste food!!).  The weather here is getting cooler, so the thought of baking dinner actually sounded like a fun thing to do.  With that idea in mind, I came up with this very simple, yet very tasty meal.  For those that aren't fish fans, this would work extremely well on chicken too.

Cornflake Crusted Tilapia
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 Tilapia fillets
salt and pepper
2-3 teaspoons mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons Corn Flakes
1 Tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
1 garlic clove, finely minced
For the sauce - (optional)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
pinch of white pepper and salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Season the tilapia on both sides with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Mix together the Corn Flakes, Panko and garlic.  Evenly spread the mayo over the top of both fillets and top with the Corn Flakes mixture.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before serving.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the sauce until well combined.  Serve with fish and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Sweet and Spicy Sauce
Two Years Ago:  Adobo Chicken

8 comments:

StephenC said...

Unrivaled with regard to ease, and no doubt delicious to boot.

Carla from The River said...

Yum!
I am going to give this a try!

Pam said...

It sounds tasty to me! I haven't used corn flake crumbs in a long time and this recipe will be perfect for them.

chow and chatter said...

great use of cornflakes bet it has a fun crunch

Chris said...

Can I used Frosted Flakes instead? ha ha

Cranberry Morning said...

Of course I would love this. And for dinner tonight we had your chicken with mustard/apricot preserves recipe - except that I used potato flour to coat the chicken pieces. Won't do that again! Looks delicious, and I long for long green beans.

Unknown said...

I hate wasting food as well. Great use for corn flakes. I should really start buying (and eating cereals)... :) Lovely tilapia dish as usual Jenn. I can't believe the sauce is optional though... hehe.

jyothi said...

great use of cornflakes bet it has a fun crunch